Author Topic: WOKE UP FROM SURGERY WITH DR. SINN  (Read 28635 times)

Lazlo

• Private
WOKE UP FROM SURGERY WITH DR. SINN
« on: July 25, 2016, 08:44:29 PM »
I feel fine. Sure a bit sore with tugging and pulling of the lips and jaw.

no nausea
no real pain
feeling everywhere
even places I as supposed to have NO feeling I have feeling, like the roof of my mouth
slight loss of feeling in upper left segment on lip but not TOTAL by any means

I can breathe completely through my nose which i I was tolds I wouldn't be able to do.

So I'm just staying in Sinn's office for the night and I'm glad beause Cindy the nurse is SUPER SUPER nice and better company than my Dad would probably have been. I'm supposed to have the splint in for 30 days.

Honestly my face is visibly very swellen so I have no idea what I look like though.

Lazlo

• Private
Re: WOKE UP FROM SURGERY WITH DR. SINN
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 08:52:22 PM »
oh i got a clarification about HA graft for my gonial angles.

It's not onlay, it's between the joint for width.

upper jaw 3 piece lefort, 6mm advancement, plust downgraft
I had CCW  but lower was also 6mm
and a 9 mm genioplasty with widening small lengthening and

V-Y plasty of borth upper and lower lip and turbinaite reduction

BSSO --man I thought I was gonna be wayway worse shape. Plus surgery was 5 hours, started at 7 am and  woke up 5pm since which time I've kind of been I feel good enought to watch movies.

meepmeepmeep

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 09:54:51 PM »
yay! congratulations and i am SHOCKED and amazed you feel so good. seems unusual honestly but also excellent! rest up and look forward to hearing about your results!

PloskoPlus

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 03:30:36 AM »
I feel fine. Sure a bit sore with tugging and pulling of the lips and jaw.

no nausea
no real pain
feeling everywhere
even places I as supposed to have NO feeling I have feeling, like the roof of my mouth
slight loss of feeling in upper left segment on lip but not TOTAL by any means

I can breathe completely through my nose which i I was tolds I wouldn't be able to do.

So I'm just staying in Sinn's office for the night and I'm glad beause Cindy the nurse is SUPER SUPER nice and better company than my Dad would probably have been. I'm supposed to have the splint in for 30 days.

Honestly my face is visibly very swellen so I have no idea what I look like though.
This is super good news. The more feeling you have right after surgery the more likely you're to have complete recovery of your nerves.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 04:43:33 AM »
My lips have a bit lesser feeling, I have full feeling everywhere.

I'll hold off an making an aesthetic judges till a month.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 04:47:07 AM »
yay! congratulations and i am SHOCKED and amazed you feel so good. seems unusual honestly but also excellent! rest up and look forward to hearing about your results!

Oh I guess I forgot to let you know my name is Logan!

But in all honestly, I did have a bit more swelling in my mouth. But again all healthy oh and I'm a "mature" patient too so really I would have expected recovery to be WAY tougher than this. I'm just so stoked I can breath. I mean this isn't even day 2 I had surgery yesterday morning.

Lestat

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 05:13:27 AM »
Oh I guess I forgot to let you know my name is Logan!

Hi Logan.
I am Lestat!

Good luck and all the best! ;)

marcus3415

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2016, 07:10:01 AM »
Lazlo it feels weird that you've had surgery after all these years...all the best!

Rikenen

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2016, 08:04:48 AM »
Wow congratulations

Vic

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2016, 11:11:25 AM »
Good luck with recovery, hope you get your desired outcome

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2016, 11:56:00 AM »
I know those who know me from the start of all this wow it does feel weird.

Let me make some observations about myself psychologically here. I expected recovery to be a lot tougher considering all the stuff i was having done.

But here are some observations I have to make. Yeah I'm basically day 2 of surgery, but I almost already feel I won't be quite satisfied by the results. Why? Well my chin is lining up to the tip of my nose (I have a very big nose) --now that might be ENTIRELY erroneous of an observation given the Splint if changing the shape of the mouth AND even though I can't really tell cause I'm so fat I probably have more swelling than an orangutan's anus.

Also, having seen now others get at least 2 chin wings to get their results I'm thinking it may be that a chin wing is necesarrily down the line for me too. But I'm quite surprised I'm experiencing a tad bit of buyer's remorse so soon.

I gotta tell you, one thing that really disappointed me is that Dr. Sinn said he'd have a visualization for me before surgery and then he left it till like 20 minutes before surgery and it wasn't a photographic picture it was just the skull.

I'm also a tad confused. He didn't execute Arnett's plan which called for something like 4mm upper and 7mm lower CCW (not counting any genioplasty).

Sinn's plan was 6 mm upper and 6 mm lower with CCW (how does that make sense? i thought ccw necessarily means that the lower is much bigger, but he also dropped the maxilla so maybe that brings it forward more?). That said Sinn did a 9mm genioplasty. I mean given that my lower jaw was moved so far back during extraction orthodontics I wonder if that's enough. I know it's 1.5 cm approximately. And I kept trying to drill into him how many mm I wanted far ahead tip of my chin aligned with the tip of my nose and provided tons of pics. Even a visualization done by a member of this forum.

See here's the thing, I've almost always found every surgeon doesn't give men that type of chin they're looking for, they hedge on the conservative (especially arnett and gunson). And I've heard the same greivance from almost every patient --I wish my surgeon had done more of genioplasty. I mean that is really one of the easiest parts of the surgery!!!

Also, I don't think Sinn doesn't anything for the notching, though he did say he sanded down the bone.

The HA bone graft went between the osteotomy to create width and he dropped the ramus not through osteotomy but just by angling it.

I've decided I'm going to drink only liquids for the entire month so I can lose a ton of weight and find out how these results look.

Now sure, judging results at 2 days is imprudent, but your results are pretty much fully there (at least what counts) at the 4-6 week mark. I've been on these forums long enough to know this is true.

Vic

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2016, 12:32:41 PM »
Mate, I wouldn't even look in the mirror until 3/4 weeks as passed. You can't judge anything 2 days after the surgery. You'll look completely different in a few weeks to how you look now

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2016, 12:39:20 PM »
Mate, I wouldn't even look in the mirror until 3/4 weeks as passed. You can't judge anything 2 days after the surgery. You'll look completely different in a few weeks to how you look now

yeah i know you're right, it's just hard to not want to project/predict what's going to happen. But it's great complication wise I'm fine. This is literally the second day and though I'm very swollen and drooling a lot, I feel periodically throughout the day I could very well even go back to work!

marcus3415

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2016, 12:55:03 PM »
Appearance shouldnt be judged til at least 3 months. Having said that it personally took me almost a year to adjust to my new appearance.

AlSo, after my SG my chin lined up w the tip of my nose and I thought it was slightly overdone. Gotta look natural

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2016, 01:05:46 PM »
Appearance shouldnt be judged til at least 3 months. Having said that it personally took me almost a year to adjust to my new appearance.

AlSo, after my SG my chin lined up w the tip of my nose and I thought it was slightly overdone. Gotta look natural

yeah i almost wish I was having that feeling. I feel like I just look the same as before surgery! Big issues is cause I got so fat beforehand so the bony segment changes are invisible.