Author Topic: WOKE UP FROM SURGERY WITH DR. SINN  (Read 28640 times)

Lazlo

• Private
Re: WOKE UP FROM SURGERY WITH DR. SINN
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2016, 05:46:04 AM »
The alar cinch is keeping your nostrils together and  probably raised  your tip. Combined with swollen more forward cheeks your nose looks smaller. As the cinch dissolves the nostrils will widen and the tip will drop - the nose will widen eventually. In the first weeks after my lefortI I ttoo thought "hey i don't need a nose job anymore".

ugh thanks for bursting that bubble. yeah 2 months and you got your results (and that's me being way conservative) really I think it's at 6 weeks.

But you know what? If I gotta go for another one of these coulc totally do it.

I'm sure everyone here will be excited to know if Sinn is especially that best or whether I just got sucked in by the hype. Once again, the fact that I thus fara have zero to no complications is already mking me feel very lucky.

asphyxia

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2016, 09:08:49 AM »
Congrats :)
Do yourself a favor and take some rest now,  don't start overanalyzing the results, swelling really depends on individuals,3 weeks after my SG,I was close to the final result, and I'm at 9 months now ;)
If you have sensations back, I bet your swelling isn't massive, he must have been very careful while operating

Can you tell me more about the widening osteotomy, and the mandibular widening as well?
You really picked my interest

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2016, 10:32:44 AM »
Congrats :)
Do yourself a favor and take some rest now,  don't start overanalyzing the results, swelling really depends on individuals,3 weeks after my SG,I was close to the final result, and I'm at 9 months now ;)
If you have sensations back, I bet your swelling isn't massive, he must have been very careful while operating

Can you tell me more about the widening osteotomy, and the mandibular widening as well?
You really picked my interest

yeah well i told sinn i wanted a wider mandible and so he proposed widening with the use of an HA graft (i'm not sure if coral or bone, I'll ask when I see him tomorrow). He's a super nice guy.

Yeah I gotta just chill and relax, I'm so like hopped up about the results. I basically reasoned with myself that I'm not even gonna look at my face till Sept 1st 2016 an then every two weeks after that. But I dunno why, I feel positive and good. Saw Dr. Sinn again today, he says I'm healing really well. It's wonderful how accessible he makes himself to his patients.

meepmeepmeep

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2016, 10:43:34 AM »
how exactly did he go about widening the mandible? did he lay HA along the entire jaw line or just beneath the masseter at the back? did you say he tilted the joint in the socket to flare it out or did something with HA at the joint??

also, wow! a 6mm maxillary down graft is huge. you must have started out with ample upper lip. are you worried about too much tooth show? maybe because the down graft was so large it made the gave less distance for the ccw rotation of the lower jaw? anyway, i can't imagine you didn't end up with a pretty manly lower third.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2016, 10:56:42 AM »
how exactly did he go about widening the mandible? did he lay HA along the entire jaw line or just beneath the masseter at the back? did you say he tilted the joint in the socket to flare it out or did something with HA at the joint??

also, wow! a 6mm maxillary down graft is huge. you must have started out with ample upper lip. are you worried about too much tooth show? maybe because the down graft was so large it made the gave less distance for the ccw rotation of the lower jaw? anyway, i can't imagine you didn't end up with a pretty manly lower third.

no not worried about too much upper tooth show. It looks good with a full white smile.  And oh yeah i've ended up with a jason statham jawline I think. It's just covered up with swelling right now. In fact if I don't like it after swelling goes down, Dr. Sinn said he can redo what I don't like. But I think it may be perfect.

I wish Sinn did more surgical operations cause he's such a gifted surgeon. He actually had an assistant just to hold things and stuff and my dad said that other surgeon came out during the surgery and said Dr. Sinn was amazing.

Also, holy s**t, my surgery lasted 7 hours. from 9-am -4pm. Can you friggin believe it!? And I feel great!

PloskoPlus

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2016, 01:45:03 PM »
If the alar cinch does not snap early and dissolves over 3 months as it should, technically you should see your final result at 3 months regarding the nose.
When I told Sinn that my le fort I lasted lless than 90 minutes, he exclaimed "that's good time!".  I should have asked him to clarify. I suspect he meant rush job. Probably explains my nerve damage, poor tooth show. I had very persistent swelling in the right side. The side with all the numbness.
I don't want to be a negative ninny but the biggest concern now is the massive down graft stability. That's the main thing that concerns me about redoing my surgery with Sinn.
I should have done this earlier. Immediately after surgery I thought I could swing another surgery tomorrow. As the nerve damage failed to resolve im more and more reluctant to do anymore surgery.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2016, 03:02:17 PM »
The increased swelling in the lower jaw is probably the midface swelling just flowing down.

JawKid7

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2016, 04:22:05 PM »
you finally done it. Congrats man!
"Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are.”

had upper jaw surgery on 5th October 2015

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2016, 05:19:21 PM »
I'll ask him when I see him today. Whatever he did it made a bit of a difference in making my nose look better.

So it's morning of Day 3. I'm so surprised most of you aren't shocked and asking me tons of questions but then most of yuo are newbies and don't remember the old days of this forum, the disasterously heart-crushing meeting with Arnett when he told me my ortho had ruined my looks, and then the false hope I briefly had that Schendel could help. And let's not forget the Mayo clinic. This has been a journey ongoing since 2011 for me and the major part of it is finally, and thankfully done.

Yeah so my face hasn't gotten any MORE swollen. But the lower part is really swollen. Thanks for that comment molestrip I think you're right as I think the type of swelling I have is distortin how my jaw and bite look right now.

Not gonna lie, I get the occasional shooting pain a long nerves in my mouth, but again the hydrocodone does the trick. ]

I'm a tad irritable with all the drueling and not being able to speak very well.

Anyway......

No he just did a shaving down of the maxilla or whatever that part is (he said he did something to the septum) and greatly reduced the turbinates by cauterizing them.

ditterbo

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2016, 08:39:38 PM »
yeah well i told sinn i wanted a wider mandible and so he proposed widening with the use of an HA graft (i'm not sure if coral or bone, I'll ask when I see him tomorrow). He's a super nice guy.

Yeah I gotta just chill and relax, I'm so like hopped up about the results. I basically reasoned with myself that I'm not even gonna look at my face till Sept 1st 2016 an then every two weeks after that. But I dunno why, I feel positive and good. Saw Dr. Sinn again today, he says I'm healing really well. It's wonderful how accessible he makes himself to his patients.

I was just searching Gunson on this forum (just came back from consults w/him and Dechamps - might post about it soon), and I saw you had suggested a while ago to get a consult with Gunson and then have the surgery done by Dr. Sinn because he can widen the mandible.  Dr. Gunson said he might use an HA graft to drop my ramus area more, so what are the differences really, you think, between Sinn and Gunson?  I know Gunson doesn't like big SG's because he finds them unnatural looking and sometimes creates issues with lower lip thinning.  Like in my case, he recommends a 3mm SG (on top of a ~15mm BSSO + LF1 CCW, no extractions  ;D).  I wasn't suggested, or recall hearing Gunson recommending chin widening procedures to people though.  Your thoughts?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2016, 08:45:43 PM »
I was just searching Gunson on this forum (just came back from consults w/him and Dechamps - might post about it soon), and I saw you had suggested a while ago to get a consult with Gunson and then have the surgery done by Dr. Sinn because he can widen the mandible.  Dr. Gunson said he might use an HA graft to drop my ramus area more, so what are the differences really, you think, between Sinn and Gunson?  I know Gunson doesn't like big SG's because he finds them unnatural looking and sometimes creates issues with lower lip thinning.  Like in my case, he recommends a 3mm SG (on top of a ~15mm BSSO + LF1 CCW, no extractions  ;D).  I wasn't suggested, or recall hearing Gunson recommending chin widening procedures to people though.  Your thoughts?
Wild guess - Deschamps-Braly suggested a much more conservative plan.

earl25

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2016, 09:07:01 PM »
i  wonder if dmso can help with the swelling and recovery. if you google it they claim it has serious anti inflamatory properties. eppley eferenced it in a response to someone on real self

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2016, 09:53:43 PM »
i  wonder if dmso can help with the swelling and recovery. if you google it they claim it has serious anti inflamatory properties. eppley eferenced it in a response to someone on real self

Ditterbo, I have no idea. I don't usually like the final results on Arnett/Gunson patients. At the same time, it seems to be way better to get the huge lower jaw movement with a sliding genio but in actual practice I don't know.

Well folks, the must touted DAY 4 (or beginning of Day 3 after surgery). I am DEFINITELY AS SWOLLEN AS I WILL GET NOW. It sort of sucks just cause it's uncomfortable. I feel like Eddie Murphy in those Norbit movies. I have no idea what the outcome of this surgery will be.

You know I gotta say, I sort of took the biggest risk of all doing a friggin double jaw surgery with a surgeon no one has ever used for JAW SURGERY on this forum. I mean I consulted with every best known surgeon and then chose the one no one had ever used. So we'll find out in a few weeks how this turns out. But so far, Sinn's staff have been pleasant and kind. The nurses, especially Cindy, are angelic and Dr. Sinn is like a Samurai master of jaw surgery. Well the waiting game.....

Rikenen

« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2016, 03:16:37 AM »
This is so exciting - when can we expect pics?  ;D

UnderMunch

« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2016, 07:58:51 AM »
Ditterbo, I have no idea. I don't usually like the final results on Arnett/Gunson patients. At the same time, it seems to be way better to get the huge lower jaw movement with a sliding genio but in actual practice I don't know.

Well folks, the must touted DAY 4 (or beginning of Day 3 after surgery). I am DEFINITELY AS SWOLLEN AS I WILL GET NOW. It sort of sucks just cause it's uncomfortable. I feel like Eddie Murphy in those Norbit movies. I have no idea what the outcome of this surgery will be.

You know I gotta say, I sort of took the biggest risk of all doing a friggin double jaw surgery with a surgeon no one has ever used for JAW SURGERY on this forum. I mean I consulted with every best known surgeon and then chose the one no one had ever used. So we'll find out in a few weeks how this turns out. But so far, Sinn's staff have been pleasant and kind. The nurses, especially Cindy, are angelic and Dr. Sinn is like a Samurai master of jaw surgery. Well the waiting game.....

Hey Lazlo

I see that you are quite the avid poster in here, and also seem to have a ton of real life experience with jaw surgery.

So, I was wondering if you know a lot about Dr. Zarrinbal and did you consider him before going with Dr. Sinn? Zarrinbal seems to have done a lot of surgeries talked about on here, and a lot of people recommend him. So I am asking whether you have seen a decent amount of his results and if you'd recommend him?

I was also wondering what you "jaw background" is? You write something about orthodontics "destroying" your face; can you please elaborate on this?

Thanks a lot for sharing your journey with us!