Author Topic: WOKE UP FROM SURGERY WITH DR. SINN  (Read 29296 times)

molestrip

• Private
Re: WOKE UP FROM SURGERY WITH DR. SINN
« Reply #90 on: August 05, 2016, 09:58:55 PM »
nah they're probably less invasive given that they don't target important functional areas like your jaw joings and stuff.

Did Rico have a ZSO? He ended up with joint problems. Haven't seen him post in a while actually. Last time we spoke he was suicidal because of the outcome, hope he's ok. In any case, there is no natural fracture line for these midface osteotomies so the risk of a bad break is higher. I don't believe there's any bony overlap so the risk of mal-union is higher, though offset somewhat by grafts if the surgeon can do them there. To me, the biggest risk remains poor results.

zygotic

« Reply #91 on: September 01, 2016, 12:31:26 PM »
It sounds like your surgery went really well. Hope the recovery goes well.

Before your surgery did you have any nasal breathing issues? How is your nasal breathing now?

Do you think this surgery would be suitable for someone with an upturned nose already? It seems like Dr Sinn has a technique for preventing it getting worse?

Thanks

marcus3415

« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2016, 05:50:21 PM »
Rico had a zso but the result was a misbalance in the masseter and condylar resorption causing advanced tmj. his surgeon wasnt careful about his assymetries. a shame

Lestat

« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2016, 09:53:37 PM »
Rico had a zso

No that is not true. Rico had a ZMC reposition = repositioning of the whole zygomatic-maxillary complex. And not only for cosmetic reasons also for functional reasons. The surgery failed. He has a lot of complications now (deviated jaw, tmj problems, hearing loss and so on).
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 10:03:49 PM by Lestat »

Lestat

« Reply #94 on: September 01, 2016, 10:02:36 PM »
A ZSO is an advanced procedure on the midface-the most easiest following the implant insertion. Rico did not have a ZSO he had a ZMC reposition - repositioning of whole zygomatic-maxillo complex.

marcus3415

« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2016, 11:30:48 PM »
That's right. A very very complex procedure

Lestat

« Reply #96 on: September 02, 2016, 11:05:29 AM »
ZMC:

[attachment deleted by admin]

UKMaxfac

« Reply #97 on: September 03, 2016, 03:13:27 AM »
How are you feeling Lazlo?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #98 on: September 03, 2016, 10:54:54 AM »
How are you feeling Lazlo?

pretty okay, like i have these dull spots in my chin and it feels like playdough or clay --but i think that's just healing.

Everything is fine, but I think my mandible should have been advanced more. I'm just going to sit tight and wait till the 6 month mark before making any decisions. Thanks for asking.

strongjawman

« Reply #99 on: September 03, 2016, 02:03:04 PM »
ZMC:

Although this is an extremely complex procedure, wouldn't it provide the best aesthetic outcome; for example someone with an asymmetry caused by an underdeveloped zygomatic bone on one side? It could be advanced anteriorly and laterally?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #100 on: September 03, 2016, 05:29:14 PM »
Although this is an extremely complex procedure, wouldn't it provide the best aesthetic outcome; for example someone with an asymmetry caused by an underdeveloped zygomatic bone on one side? It could be advanced anteriorly and laterally?

i think that's basically what Dr. Sinn does with his too, no?

strongjawman

« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2016, 09:35:36 PM »
i think that's basically what Dr. Sinn does with his too, no?

Honestly didn't realise this was an option tbh. Not sure if it provides better aesthetic outcome than an implant would though..

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2016, 10:30:28 PM »
Honestly didn't realise this was an option tbh. Not sure if it provides better aesthetic outcome than an implant would though..

dude the advancement i've seen with this is WAY bigger than any implant i've ever seen. Only problem is there's a scar but some of you are saying it's not "excessive" so your mileage may very as they say.

Lestat

« Reply #103 on: September 05, 2016, 12:17:05 PM »
dude the advancement i've seen with this is WAY bigger than any implant i've ever seen.

Sorry Lazlo but I am a bittle bit confused now...

Now let me tell you he showed me one patient —not Earl, but someone more recent who had the “modified lefort-3” yes there was a difference but it just resembled a weak ZSO to me. In fact, when I studied the before and after profiles there was no significant augmentation to the area directly beneath the eye and this was not as augmented as when I see Dr. Yaremchuck’s examples of orbital rim implants with “canthopexy” no Sir, not even close. Honestly from the example of the modified lefort 3 I saw this procedure is not the holy grail to your looks as many of you have been assuming I’m very sorry to report and I don’t think it can do a lot at all.

Can you explain this to me please?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #104 on: September 05, 2016, 02:45:30 PM »
overall the augmentation is much more than a ZSO, but it doesn't quite make the directly infraorbital rim higher or larger. So overall Sinn's operation is the best as far as both zygoma, malar and orbital rim, but it's not as effective just for the orbital rim, unless you combine an implant and do a canthoplasty as Dr. Yaremchuk does.

For me though, I'd go with Sinn first, then reassess.

Let me tell you this.