Author Topic: na  (Read 1312 times)

rbbsyd

na
« on: July 30, 2016, 10:25:24 AM »
na
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 05:26:42 AM by rbbsyd »

Lazlo

• Private
Re: What procedures could give me a defined/chiseled face? (Pictures)
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 11:53:07 AM »
you look fine.

UnderMunch

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 12:37:09 PM »
You'll never be able to look like those models because it's impossible to change the midface ratio and the actual positioning of your features. I doubt that your eye shape is model tier just based on the law of averages, and that is pretty much impossible to change. Changing your lip shape (you need horizontal widening) is possible but not recommended. You would also need palatial widening which just isn't possible to the degree that you would need. Your philtral length whilst not too long per se, is too long for your face and in particular your mouth width.

You need lower jaw surgery (possibly double jaw surgery for the best aesthetic result), and custom implants for all the bony areas of your face (paranasal-midface, cheek, chin-jaw, lower orbital rim, lateral orbital rim, brow ridge). You would probably benefit from a rhinoplasty to reduce the upturned angle of the nose. As I said earlier you would need palatial widening and lip widening also.

However your best bet is getting a BSSO and losing a ton of bodyfat. That will improve your looks significantly. Don't take this is ripping you apart, as you have nice features too. Your skin quality is great, your forehead shape is exceptionally good from the 3/4 view and your brow shape is nice. You look like you have decent symmetry too but it's difficult to tell from the front you shared.

All in all, my advice is to stop chasing perfection, get the lower jaw surgery and lose the body fat (try and get down to 10-12% with some lean muscle mass). After achieving those three things I guarantee that you will be happy with your looks, and those two procedures will improve your looks significantly.

That's some decent advice.

Can you please explain shortly what mid face ratio is and how it's measured? It has something to do with the position of the eyes and the mouth and nose?

Thanks!

UnderMunch

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 02:55:35 PM »
Yes it's the distance between the pupils and the middle of the lips (height of midface) divided by the distance between the pupils (width of midface). The value should be between 1-1.1 for the best aesthetic result. HOWEVER this rule applies more to faces with female dimorphism than male dimorphism. Masculine faces can get away with a narrower pupillary distance (excessively narrow looks bad on anybody) and still be very good. Feminine male faces (which encompasses most East Asian faces) and female faces should have a good midface ratio.

I wouldn't worry about because it's literally unchangeable. It's known as a compact midface.

Thanks. I looked it up started measuring and calculating ratios like a maniac, even though I know there goes a lot more into an attractive face :) But it seems as if I consistently measure something like around 1.06-1.09, and correlates with me always having liked most of my face, except the lower third(jaw).

Good for me!

P.S.: Sorry to OP for hijacking the thread.

ditterbo

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 06:17:46 PM »
I dono.. I see room for improvement, at least around the lower jaw.  The level of surgery depends on how bad it is - got sleep apnea/small airway? teeth occlusion issues? TMJ? slide your jaw forward for your habitual bite? 

You could get an SG and be done with it, maaaaybe jaw implants for what looks like a really high mandibular angle. I'd be afraid of a chin implant looking weird at certain angles b/c of those jaw angles.  Not worth hypothesizing much more without at least a ceph xray.