Author Topic: THE LAZLO CHRONICLES ---PART TWO: do not get jaw surgery!!!!  (Read 18714 times)

marcus3415

Re: THE LAZLO CHRONICLES ---PART TWO: do not get jaw surgery!!!!
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2016, 10:26:28 PM »
Okay I must chime in because clearly Sinn hasn't given you proper instructions.

Had surgery a year ago I recall everything vividly still 

1) you ARE NOT to eat anything other than purely 100% liquid food Laszlo. Not soft food for Christ's sake--LIQUIDS. this includes : soups, fruit shakes, juice, etc. Yes it f**king sucks but this is crucial. On the side of caution surgeons (good ones) typically recommend this for around 4 weeks. There needs to be time to heal. sometimes people forget that they just got their goddamn face. reconstructed. You can move to soups and really soft foods at 4-5wks.

2) you are NOT TO REMOVE any bands unless they break for a solid 2 weeks. Not even while brushing (which should be done with a baby toothbrush). You probably are too wacked on drugs to even properly place them.

3) you are to SLEEP ON YOUR BACK with pillows elevating you at about 60-70°  Make an effort to not toss or turn.

4) idk why your splint is out--bite splint or segmented maxillary splint either way it's too early --whatever. Stop pressing your goddamn tongue on your mouth. Your maxilla is barely attached.

5) keep taking your pain medicine (no advil or aspirin) and for Christ's sake you should be icing the living hell out of both sides of your jaws and have them wrapped around your face. I did this for at least 2 weeks. at least. Write down when and how much of each antibiotic and pain killer you take on a piece of paper. This is important.

6) do not exercise. Do not exert. Sit the f down and watch TV. Explain this to your father and be f**king cool. Drink a bunch of water through a ketchup bottle squeezer that they have at restaurants. Buy them on Amazon. Drink soup through them too.

this surgery is hard. You knew this & you'll get through it. Be calm and follow procedure and you'll make through just like the rest of us.

Pce

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2016, 10:40:30 PM »
Okay I must chime in because clearly Sinn hasn't given you proper instructions.

Had surgery a year ago I recall everything vividly still 

1) you ARE NOT to eat anything other than purely 100% liquid food Laszlo. Not soft food for Christ's sake--LIQUIDS. this includes : soups, fruit shakes, juice, etc. Yes it f**king sucks but this is crucial. On the side of caution surgeons (good ones) typically recommend this for around 4 weeks. There needs to be time to heal. sometimes people forget that they just got their goddamn face. reconstructed. You can move to soups and really soft foods at 4-5wks.

2) you are NOT TO REMOVE any bands unless they break for a solid 2 weeks. Not even while brushing (which should be done with a baby toothbrush). You probably are too wacked on drugs to even properly place them.

3) you are to SLEEP ON YOUR BACK with pillows elevating you at about 60-70°  Make an effort to not toss or turn.

4) idk why your splint is out--bite splint or segmented maxillary splint either way it's too early --whatever. Stop pressing your goddamn tongue on your mouth. Your maxilla is barely attached.

5) keep taking your pain medicine (no advil or aspirin) and for Christ's sake you should be icing the living hell out of both sides of your jaws and have them wrapped around your face. I did this for at least 2 weeks. at least. Write down when and how much of each antibiotic and pain killer you take on a piece of paper. This is important.

6) do not exercise. Do not exert. Sit the f down and watch TV. Explain this to your father and be f**king cool. Drink a bunch of water through a ketchup bottle squeezer that they have at restaurants. Buy them on Amazon. Drink soup through them too.

this surgery is hard. You knew this & you'll get through it. Be calm and follow procedure and you'll make through just like the rest of us.

Pce

Boom stick.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2016, 11:37:12 PM »
Boom stick.

great stuff thanks a lot.

i'm concerned that sinn removed the splint so early.

and also whats up with him telling me to change the elastics every day.

I'm almost frigging used to the pain now this is so bad. thanks guy.

slidinggenio

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2016, 12:25:55 AM »
Pains temporary dude, don't worry about it. Aesthetics is everything.

I'd imagine the pain would be enjoyable in a way. Just like how you get muscle soreness after going to the gym which becomes a reminder that you've done the deed, and the future will be better because of it.

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2016, 12:58:18 AM »
Hi lazlo, first i wish you well for your recovery and as many people here already suggested i would invite you to focus on your recovery.
What you say about bimax causing the cheekbones to appear “low set” is, indeed, partially true.
This effect is exacerbated by the swelling that mostly occurs at the level of the LEFORT 1 cut.
Having such swelled cheeks, paranasals and upper lip areas makes the upper midface look extremely depressed.
Mind my words, this swelling goes away in MUCH MORE than 6 months. I’m some…3 years post-op and I believe I still have some 5% swelling
This will be a tough journey, you’re not even halfway!

I thank you very much for referring to me as a guy who had very good results. It is a good feeling. However, as also Plosko noted, I had different surgeries. Do not underestimate the effect of fillers that had a big impact on my looks.
Furthermore, I still feel ugly some days, suggesting that perhaps I do suffer with some bipolar condition that changes how I feel about my looks independently of how they are objectively.
The stages of elation and depression that you described won’t be limited to your immediate post op phase but might be shifted into a lifetime, maybe not so acute-but still, happening.

As also earl stated, there is only so much you can do. Things kind of slipped out of our hands, minds, wallets. There is a subtle line between healthy self-improvements goals and surpassing that boundary and shattering your body, mind and thoughts in insane territory. There’s a space that’s in between insane and insecure and you must try to stay on the “right” side.

Looks “obsession” is a drug that can, will ruin your life. Life is not meant to be lived this way. Improving a deficient jaw and ill defined angles is ok, but it should not be the start of a journey to achieve projecting lateral orbital rims with a Monobloc advancement. Where does one draw the line though? If you improved by, x% having surgery Y, why can’t you improve 2x% having also surgery Z? This kind of reasoning will haunt you, and whose to say you should be happy with surgery y? If you’ll get surgery Z and get good results from it, the same people who were pressuring you to “settle” will be the ones praising your results, thus encouraging you (indirectly) to pursue more surgery.

Realizing few mm added to your bone structure completely changes how you are perceived by others, and actually experiencing it, Is soul crushing. It is difficult to believe in more profound things, bonds, feelings, uniqueness of the soul and minds. These things however do-in fact-exist. Keep it In mind while pursuing orbital rim augmentation.

All in all, I have no specific recommendation and suggestion. This life is complicated and the decisions are for you to make and you’ll find a way to make it work.

Good luck my friend, try to love yourself somehow. Try to enjoy life focusing on other stuff.
When you go outside,do you analyse other people’s bone structure?

Don’t!

Rikenen

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2016, 02:23:17 AM »
Tried reading autistic ramblings

Couldnt do it

Cliffs what you are talking about because at the moment it looks like drivel

stupidjaws

• CFO
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2016, 02:55:02 AM »
Tried reading autistic ramblings

Couldnt do it

Cliffs what you are talking about because at the moment it looks like drivel

very supportive!

Rikenen

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2016, 07:14:19 AM »
very supportive!

Sorry but what is he saying? Is he saying its a good thing? Is he saying it's not? Is he saying he regrets it?

If he cant post coherently he shouldnt be posting tbh.

stupidjaws

• CFO
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2016, 07:38:12 AM »
Sorry but what is he saying? Is he saying its a good thing? Is he saying it's not? Is he saying he regrets it?

i understand you are a virgin shut-in that has difficulty connecting to humans being, but try to comprehend his emotional state after a DEVASTATING surgery. General, pain meds, pain, anxiety, etc...sorry if he doesn't sound like he's expressing thoughts coherently.

f**k off

needadvancement

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2016, 11:06:05 AM »
You've been given great advice in the thread, one of the better ones is avoiding these type of websites during your early healing process. It's clearly stressing you out and that's the last thing you need after what you've gone through.

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2016, 11:30:07 AM »
Mentally, you are near the worst part of recovery still. You can't think straight so don't even try, just let it pass by. I agree it's insane that you're flying now, doesn't surprise me you had problems. 2 weeks minimum but most say 3 weeks. No bony union for 6 weeks! Or 4mo if you got HA grafts. You should be in a splint or a very thick wire for the 3-piece. That 3-piece is relatively risk over 30, I was told not worth it for me. Don't test it by moving the segments and definitely avoid kinks on the palate, that's your only blood supply to the teeth right now. It takes 2 weeks for blood flow to return to normal.

I don't think your assessment of pain is fair, over 99% of people who get this surgery turn out just fine. Risks are commensurate with degree of movements, number of procedures done, age of patient, and invasiveness of procedures. BSSO isn't much more invasive than a wisdom tooth removal. A small mandible movement has little risk of much at all, especially without genio. LeFort is the riskier procedure to me, since many nerves have to be severed. I don't know how you retained feeling, the neuropalatine bundle can be maintained and perhaps you had nerves running through it that aren't normally there. Your gums should be numb at a minimum. But there's also a persistent risk of infections in the sinus cavity and with both there's risk of malposition of the condyle, shifting of the bite and nose.

I would say your movements were low risk. Doing 6mm allowed Dr Sinn to give you a 3-piece to protect your teeth and gums long term. I suspect he's left you with a deficient airway and you may need CPAP when older. It's a tough choice to make or he could have done both then increased the risk of the surgery. We can't tell at this point.

Anyway, it's done now. I know you don't see it but the pain WILL go away. Eating food at this point sounds insane to me but I know of a case where surgeon said it was ok NEXT DAY. That person had a trivial movement though.

You're right, it's not great to get this for aesthetics. Still, I've seen some big transformations and it does reverse/mitigate some aging. The sunken cheekbones happens because of facial posture change and because they're right next to each other. Wolford published on this topic a decade ago. I've seen it first hand on a movement much larger than you, this would only bother the pickiest of patients. My friend still looks better after surgery and handsome overall. People with major aesthetic problems usually also have functional problems though so I don't discourage it. Unfortunately, not all surgeons set out to fix the functional problems while they're in there so there's that too.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2016, 11:52:26 AM »

Hey I can post whatever I want on my thread you f**king c*nt.

What have you done Rikenen you f**king sluhate incel level s**tbird. I bet you haven't had sex in this century! hahahah a

f**king loser get off this board.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2016, 12:00:28 PM »
Molestrip, you're a jedi master. Stupidjaws --super Jedi.

Yeah other people on this board don't realize you need at least one chinwing.

My advancement was huge. My lower jaw, chin etc. looks good.

Just got back from the orthodontist, he checked everything and says bite looks good. Said i was a major improvement looks very good.

So technically everything is fine. But i'm still plagued by doubt from the armchair surgeons on the board so I have to transcribe my procedure and probably post it on the private thread.

Hope everyone is well. Got lots of superfoods kale, spinach, turmeric etc. etc. for juicing, got re-uped on hydrocodone OH YEAH LOVE IT, and got some very expensive beef and chicken broths made paleo style.

Molestrip why are you saying the airway is small? Also, yeah i have full sensation everywhere. my palate feels so much bigger and wider that's a nice feeling.

take care guys.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2016, 02:14:28 PM »
Hey I can post whatever I want on my thread you f**king c*nt.

What have you done Rikenen you f**king sluhate incel level s**tbird. I bet you haven't had sex in this century! hahahah a

f**king loser get off this board.

He was banned the moment I read that.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2016, 02:15:47 PM »
But i'm still plagued by doubt from the armchair surgeons on the board

Don't ask questions if you can't handle the answers. That's basic.
Taking a backhand jab at people who give opinions, when you want them, is immature.