Author Topic: Newbie - Journey just beginning - Forum Acronyms?  (Read 806 times)

Lynnwood

Newbie - Journey just beginning - Forum Acronyms?
« on: August 24, 2016, 05:41:37 PM »
Hi, I am just starting my journey for double jaw surgery and thought I would document it here at the Jaw Surgery Forum. I really have not even decided yet, but I have very severe Apnea and I have to do something. The CPAP triggers my very old PTSD.

You all sound like a good bunch and very knowledgeable. There is a huge learning curve for this specialty! Right now I am having difficulty with the acronyms you are all using so I thought I would document them here as I learn them. I plan to add to this and make a list for other newbies!

PLEASE feel free to help me along and add some for the list!! -- If there's already a list please link me!

==========================================================================

CCW - Counter Clock-Wise ?? Which way is that? I am thinking it is making the upper teeth flare OUT a bit?

BSSO - Bilateral Sagittal Split Osteotomy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsDQvSVfkNQ

==========================================================================
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 02:59:47 AM by Lynnwood »

strongjawman

Re: Newbie - Journey just beginning - Forum Acronyms?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 10:06:53 PM »
CCW = Counter-clockwise

Looking at a person from the right side profile, the maxilla is cut and then rotated counter-clockwise which means it is either posteriorly downgrafted, posteriorly downgrafted alongside anterior impaction or just anterior impaction.