Author Topic: Paper consult with Dr Gunson  (Read 7686 times)

PloskoPlus

Re: Paper consult with Dr Gunson
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2016, 04:13:36 PM »
Did you ever get your response?  I've sent everything in as of last week and am curious as to how long the process takes.  I'm hoping a couple of weeks but am guessing it could take a couple of months?  I know their office is very busy.
They have had my impressions for 2 months now. The last time I inquired was a probably 3 weeks ago. "Doctor is very busy". I don't want to hassle them to much, otherwise they'll get some intern to do it, lol.

kjohnt

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2016, 12:52:47 AM »
Bump for update PloskoPlus

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2016, 07:37:12 AM »

best thing is to just make an appointment with gunson or arnett. you can usually get one within 3 months time, go there, you'll meet the doc, they'll do a full spiel with you and examine you and then explain their treatment.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2016, 08:13:33 AM »
"Dr gunson is finishing the report". That was more than 2 weeks ago.

kjohnt

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2016, 01:54:13 AM »
Kimberly followed up today after I asked about the status of my analysis and said she still needed intake forms, which I emailed 7/18 so a month ago.  I'm beginning to think my treatment will be complete by the time I get my analysis file.

kjohnt

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2016, 01:57:14 AM »
best thing is to just make an appointment with gunson or arnett. you can usually get one within 3 months time, go there, you'll meet the doc, they'll do a full spiel with you and examine you and then explain their treatment.

I had one scheduled early July but withdrew early June once I heard of the paper consultation.  It was a bad idea in hindsight.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2016, 05:11:00 PM »
I had one scheduled early July but withdrew early June once I heard of the paper consultation.  It was a bad idea in hindsight.
Finally replied. I still think it's worth seeing him in person. Had I not lived 20000 kms away, I would have.

kjohnt

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2016, 07:26:22 PM »
Finally replied. I still think it's worth seeing him in person. Had I not lived 20000 kms away, I would have.

Did you get to speak with him over the phone, or is it just a write-up?  Did you get your specific questions answered?  What was recommended?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2016, 08:07:24 PM »
Did you get to speak with him over the phone, or is it just a write-up?  Did you get your specific questions answered?  What was recommended?
Setback.

petebite

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2016, 09:50:28 PM »
Setback.

Does this imply that he thinks you were over-advanced and should've had bimax with a slight mandible setback? I'm sorry man :(

PloskoPlus

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2016, 10:27:52 PM »
Does this imply that he thinks you were over-advanced and should've had bimax with a slight mandible setback? I'm sorry man :(
Yes.

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2016, 09:11:14 AM »
Thanks for your answers, but I've actually had the consultations and surgery now. But for anyone else who is interested, who lives in a different state/country, the paper consult is a good preliminary step, then you can fly out, re-do all the measurements and have the surgery whilst you're over there. That's what I did!

Where did you fly from?  Im from NY so its a hike for me.   How was the hotel you stayed in?  Do they have a lot of hotels close to A&G's hospital? 
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2016, 03:20:24 PM »
Where did you fly from?  Im from NY so its a hike for me.   How was the hotel you stayed in?  Do they have a lot of hotels close to A&G's hospital?
]

yeah tons it's a beautiful city you'll have a great time there. Gunson and Arnett are the ones to go with if you have the cash...

trojans101

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2016, 09:06:46 PM »
I'm pretty set on getting a Genioplasty with Gunson soon. Had my consultation, just need to pull the trigger  ;D ;D ;D ;D  :-[

Nervous, but I think its something I need to do.