Author Topic: Re: Freaking out: Am i opting for a "s**tty" plan?  (Read 1100 times)

CK

• Private
Re: Freaking out: Am i opting for a "s**tty" plan?
« on: May 07, 2013, 06:52:56 PM »
i think the advancement is what can cause the midface to appear collapsed - compared to before at least.

so, the less advancement, the better off you'll be? in your case i wouldnt anticipate any extremes because you are so close to normal in that area.

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 07:19:56 PM »
good!!! nice to here...my surgeon said my maxilla is close to ideal in terms of projection

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 08:43:02 PM »
God if I had been able to have the lefort 2 quadrangular 10 years ago I would have basically had a different life.

Alue

• Private
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 11:11:00 PM »
Aren't the risks of a lefort II a lot higher.  I mean the movement makes sense, in my case a lefort II would probably give the best esthetic result, but I'm not really willing to risk blindness just to look better. 

stupidjaws

• CFO
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 05:21:08 AM »
Lazio are you suggesting I should get a lefort II?

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Freaking out: Am i opting for a "s**tty" plan? S
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 07:08:44 AM »
I'm still at mayo. I wouldn't necessarily suggest a lefort 2 quad but I would suggest the lefort 1 quad for just about anyone with mid face hypo plasma and weak orbits. It's very low risk. Keller does about 15 a year since 1990. That said the lefort 2 quad is the gold standard. He's never had blindness but there can be some small complications that resolve usually in a few months. Either way the benefit of these quad movements is they don't resorb like only grafts. And Keller gave me a bunch of papers depicting long ter 9 year follow ups.

Question what percentage of upper jaw surgeries lead to upper lip sensation change?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 07:11:35 AM »
The quad one can produce the same results as the quad two but the quad two produces the most dramatic aesthetics.

stupidjaws

• CFO
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2013, 07:20:14 AM »
what is the difference between a quadrangular lefort and a standard lefort? (speaking about 1)