Author Topic: seeing dr eppley for forehead augmentation  (Read 7330 times)

Lazlo

• Private
Re: seeing dr eppley for forehead augmentation
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2016, 09:28:58 PM »
Earl - there are a number of things that I believe to be important in this area of facial augmentation and I was wondering whether you could raise these issues with Dr. Eppley.

The first is about extending the implant over to the top portion of the lateral orbital rim. Without this aspect, the eyes will still appear bulging because they will not be skeletally encased.
The second is about the vertical placement of the implant. A common phenotype is the high set supraorbital ridge, the most anterior-inferior point of which is set too far away from the upper eyeball. This contributes to excessive upper eyelid exposure and an 'open' supraorbital area. It would be useful to know whether a custom made implant could be placed in such a way that it extends over the inferior edge of the superior orbital rim to sit lower.
The last is the sagittal 'set' of the upper eyelids. This is where the eyelid crease is set too far back sagitally as against the eyeball which contributes to an unaesthetic upper eyelid area. Now this aspect is my own theorising, so it would be interesting to see whether it could be remedied by a supraorbital implant and whether making the upper eyelids more 'forward set' would make a difference.

Dude your attention to details is appreciated. But do you think anyone knows what the f**k you're talking about? Could you please write in ENGLISH and add pictures after each sentence indicating what you're referring to with all this "phenotype" "saggital 'set' of the upper eyelids business" --we're here to make things CLEARER not more complicated.

The Quest for Aesthetics

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2016, 08:57:08 AM »
Dude your attention to details is appreciated. But do you think anyone knows what the f**k you're talking about? Could you please write in ENGLISH and add pictures after each sentence indicating what you're referring to with all this "phenotype" "saggital 'set' of the upper eyelids business" --we're here to make things CLEARER not more complicated.

Point taken - let me try and rearticulate it.

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2023, 09:36:51 PM »
Earl - there are a number of things that I believe to be important in this area of facial augmentation and I was wondering whether you could raise these issues with Dr. Eppley.

The first is about extending the implant over to the top portion of the lateral orbital rim. Without this aspect, the eyes will still appear bulging because they will not be skeletally encased.
The second is about the vertical placement of the implant. A common phenotype is the high set supraorbital ridge, the most anterior-inferior point of which is set too far away from the upper eyeball. This contributes to excessive upper eyelid exposure and an 'open' supraorbital area. It would be useful to know whether a custom made implant could be placed in such a way that it extends over the inferior edge of the superior orbital rim to sit lower.
The last is the sagittal 'set' of the upper eyelids. This is where the eyelid crease is set too far back sagitally as against the eyeball which contributes to an unaesthetic upper eyelid area. Now this aspect is my own theorising, so it would be interesting to see whether it could be remedied by a supraorbital implant and whether making the upper eyelids more 'forward set' would make a difference.

I was wondering the same thing. I guess this thread is dead now. But I wonder if anyone here has an answer to this question.