Author Topic: Repeated zygomatic sandwich osteotomy to get high cheekbones?  (Read 19303 times)

diculo

Re: Repeated zygomatic sandwich osteotomy to get high cheekbones?
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2017, 10:19:45 AM »
Is diagonal movement possible to get higher cheekbones with zso? Theoretically, are there any other osteotomies to get higher cheekbones (not including implants) such as Lefort II or Lefort III?

Milli_Meters

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2017, 11:41:19 AM »
Theoretically ,Modified LF3 has been mentioned in the regard, if it is paired with some Zygomatic osteotomy.

diculo

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2017, 11:02:48 AM »
Is it possible to get wider cheekbones? Is there an osteotomy for wider cheekbones? If so, by how many mm (millimeters)?

Milli_Meters

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2017, 11:18:08 AM »
ummm yeah , the namesake of this thread  :P Zygomatic sandwich osteotomy.

Vic

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2017, 11:24:49 AM »
Can someone upload a pic of someone with high cheekbones and someone with low cheekbones

Milli_Meters

The Quest for Aesthetics

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2017, 03:09:51 PM »
James Franco doesn't have particularly high cheekbones. He had vertical expanse and a lot of lateral projection. A lot less elegant and aesthetic than these extremely high cheekbones imo :

Vic

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2017, 04:33:57 PM »
Franco's cheekbones aren't that high at all, but give a better look than Sean O'Pry's in the 2nd pic anyway. I don't think anyone needs to have cheekbones as high as Sean O'Pry. My cheekbones are just as high as Franco's, i've just not got any projection.

The Quest for Aesthetics

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2017, 04:45:46 PM »
Franco's cheekbones aren't that high at all, but give a better look than Sean O'Pry's in the 2nd pic anyway. I don't think anyone needs to have cheekbones as high as Sean O'Pry. My cheekbones are just as high as Franco's, i've just not got any projection.

O'Pry's look substantially better in my opinion, not even close

Milli_Meters

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2017, 04:56:49 PM »
Yeah on more google image searching I agree , Franco's cheekbones are not particularly high set, but very well defined .

Vic

« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2017, 07:17:51 AM »
High Cheekbones vs. Low Cheekbones

Someone who has high cheekbones has the widest part of their face just below their eyes. This causes the cheek to dip in slightly below the bone, thus making the cheekbone stand out prominently. The dip might cause a shadow, which can accentuate the face even more. High cheekbones are right under the eye and the upper part of the nose.

Low cheekbones, on the other hand, are toward the bottom part of the nose. For some, they might even be below the nose.

Rico

« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2017, 07:33:00 AM »
remember that ZSO (all zygoma related procedures) may not give you aggressive looking cheeks what you probably expect
It depends on the shape of your zygoma and how surgeon will split the zygomatic bone
However if you zygoma are very soft in shape ..you may get cheeks of woman :)  just prominent but not good for man :)

A surgeon has limited options here as there are small zygomatic nerves. However if you don't care about them, then of course you give your surgeon more options.  Those smal zygomatic nerves give sensation to the side part of the cheek on zygomatic arch area.
If you want to have high prominent cheek , then a surgeon probably will damage them, as they goes out through foramens a few mm from the corner of the orbital rim

Milli_Meters

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2017, 08:37:28 AM »
I have frequently encountered this theme that the osteotomy will bring out what "you already have". X rays etc could give a good idea of that.

ditterbo

« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2017, 09:09:34 AM »
Have any of you even seen examples where bigger cheekbones, however they were accomplished (implant or zso) has even made them any more attractive?  Faces I've seen with like cheek implants don't really fix the bigger picture skull problem they have, whatever it is, and doesn't really make them look any better. 

The Quest for Aesthetics

« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2017, 09:24:33 AM »
Have any of you even seen examples where bigger cheekbones, however they were accomplished (implant or zso) has even made them any more attractive?  Faces I've seen with like cheek implants don't really fix the bigger picture skull problem they have, whatever it is, and doesn't really make them look any better.

Yes I've seen 4 impressive ZSO results that definitely increased the subjects attractiveness quite a lot. I've seen hand carved ePTFE orbital rim implants and one medpor implant that also covered the very top part of the cheek that also boosted the subject's attractiveness by a crazy amount. I've yet to see  any examples of purely malar implants increasing a male's attractiveness but I'm sure there are some out there.

The issue is of course that 'improving' the zygos by projecting them is only one aspect of the overall facial structure. Most people have too many other aesthetic issues holding them back for movement of the zygomatic prominence to make much tangible difference. Whether that's bodyfat, poor maxillo-mandibular formation (including a narrow central column of the face), poor skin quality, narrow interpupillary distance, excessively long philtrum/midface, unsightly eyes, unsightly mouth area; so on and so forth

The other thing to bear in mind is that zygomatic projection needs to be in harmony with the rest of the face. You can't have protruding zygos and recessed everything else - it will look unnatural. Especially the zygomatic-maxillary relationship
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 09:34:53 AM by The Quest for Aesthetics »