Author Topic: Greece or Uk best doctors with experience in maxillary distraction?  (Read 1186 times)

tosht15

Hi everyone,

I have a couple of questions which I realize it is probably unlikely to have answered because they are too specific, but I'm just gonna go  ahead and ask anyway , because you never know..
So, does anyone:
-Have any information/heard/ could recommend a top maxillofacial surgeon from Greece or one that has experience in maxillary distraction and if not, 
-Same question for a surgeon in the U.K.(top/or experience with maxillary distraction).I have read about Paul Johnson in the forum as a top surgeon, but from what I have researched on the internet  I couldn't find anything about him doing distraction, and have met with Henri Thuau in the past but he said he doesn't do it.
-Lastly /alternatively is there a surgeon(UK preferably or Europe) who is known to achieve large (8mm+)advancements (due to skill and technique and not him being irresponsible and not caring about consequences and functional aspects like I have read about a couple) especially for people with cleft palate history and previous surgery where it is more challenging to have a large advancement(and maybe depending more on surgeon skill).And relevant to this, do large advancements depend on surgeon skill or are they irrelevant to how skilled a doctor is and it is only a matter of what the tissues/bones allow and how willing one doctor is to take a risk?(and then how come the US doctors are known to do larger advancements?)
Anyone who has had a large advancement how much did it help them with sleep apnea/breathing and generally how did it affect them afterwards apart from aesthetically?
Any relevant  info would really help.

Thank you