Author Topic: Dr Yaremchuk  (Read 15276 times)

ditterbo

Re: Dr Yaremchuk
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2016, 07:59:35 PM »
that is counterintuitive to me. How would custom implants make asymmetry worse? If anything off the shelf implants make asymmetry worse, and customs are supposed to be designed to counterbalance your natural asymmetry. That's actually almost the whole point of custom implants.

NY76

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2016, 04:46:03 PM »
Yes I agree that is the effort and effect strived for, but there is a chance of asymmetry also noted by the surgeons, also the symmetry is based on resting position of the face, once in motion it could be wonky.  Goggle Alicia Douvall before and after, she had custom implants and tell me if she look more symmetrical before or after, I guess its a gamble. 

johnrossjunior

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2016, 03:32:22 PM »
I travelled from Europe to see Dr Yaremchuk for a consultation. I had read some of the bad reviews but assumed they were from crazy people with an axe to grind and fully expected to book surgery with him after the consult. I really, really did not like him or his style one little bit. He made me feel really uncomfortable and tried to talk me in to a facelift at the age of 32 as well as canthopexy and hard palate spacer graft. There is a lady on RealSelf right now who has posted pictures of her eyes after he operated on them and she is literally deformed with visible scars and grafts all over the place. I was, at one stage, considering going ahead with his surgical plan anyway and thought maybe I was being paranoid and maybe I should just trust his credentials - I am so glad I followed my gut instinct and didn't proceed to have surgery with him.

MrFox

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2016, 04:00:19 PM »
tried to talk me in to a facelift at the age of 32.

Wtf

tjarrr

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2016, 12:33:53 AM »
He's 66 years old. Source: "Yaremchuk received his B.A. degree from Yale College in 1972" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_J._Yaremchuk), usually graduate undergrad age 22, which puts his birth year at 1950. Your psychomotor skills really shouldn't be deteriorating that much at that age, and even if they are, movements related to expertise + decades of practice do not deteriorate and are retained during aging. (http://www.jcda.ca/article/a25) Anyway, my personal impression when I met him is that he was *very* alert and agile. Doubt there are any technical/performance aspects of a surgery to worry about with him at the immediate moment.

I got fillers (Voluma) from him literally last week as a way to "simulate" what paranasal and infraorbital rim implants would look like. I'm not totally sure why he placed the fillers only at the malar eminence, that reverses the negative orbital vector but I still feel like I could've used a bit closer to the eye as well, but maybe that's not how it works? I don't have any scleral show but the eye prominence (due to midface deficiency) was my main issue, so maybe that's why he did it the way he did. Overall I do like the results, but again I wish there was a bit more volume around the eye area itself. Will happily post before + after pictures if people would be interested, but again it was just fillers, not an invasive procedure by any means  ;D

« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 01:22:50 AM by tjarrr »

tjarrr

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2016, 12:38:54 AM »
Also: I look at Yaremchuk's implants results and while there's some controversy on RealSelf and other places, these results are really hard to beat. I know this is a cherry-picked case but it really does show (in my opinion) that implants can give very natural-looking results. Is this guy an incredible exception, or do people think it's possible to have dramatic enough results that would outweigh the cons people have about implants here? (He also had a lateral canthopexy and a rhinoplasty, btw.)

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 12:49:30 AM by tjarrr »

johnrossjunior

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2016, 03:12:18 PM »
That particular set of photos is one of the main reasons I went to see him. If you look at some of the other pictures on his website however a lot of them have very mediocre results.

Another doc who used to be very good with implants was Ramirez. On his old website he had some of the most incredible transformations I have ever seen on men just using implants. There is a guy on RealSelf right now however - who is very happy - but looks utterly ridiculous after work by Ramirez.

NY76

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2016, 10:02:09 PM »
I have followed Dr Y and done extensive research on him and did a face to face consult in Boston.  It wasn't until recently that I decided that I wont go to him.  I am not sure where I am going to go.  I am back to thinking of Dr Eppley.  It was really Alicia Douvall that turned me against him.  In reading her book and hearing how he kept pushing her to do more things, he did the same to me when I did a consult with him, I went for jaw implants alone yet he wanted to rebuild my whole face.  I saw what Alicia looked like after all the surgery he pushed on her insecure soul and thought OMG this is all the crap he was trying to push on me, so I have since crossed him off my list.  I have seen everything on realself, the good and the bad and also the woman who just posted her eye photos, based on her profile she had 5 nose jobs prior to seeing Dr Y, she must have issues and Dr Y capitalized on that.  Off my list....next

MrFox

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2016, 02:40:06 AM »
I heard he later got even more work done subsequent to these pictures and something went badly wrong. A lesson to us all.

That's sad, what did he have done?

johnrossjunior

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2016, 05:29:52 PM »
I was stunned when I read he was Alicia Douval's surgeon. I assumed she went to back street cowboys... not a professor from Harvard. She referred to him as the 'Boston Sadist' in her book... which doesn't seem that unjust. Her face was a wreck after he got his hands on it.

Bobbit

« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2016, 07:47:06 PM »
Fat grafting underneath his eyes apparently.

For gosh sakes - -  how does he screw that up ?

ITALIA

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2016, 12:10:10 PM »
He had a ton of fat to his face from what I remember - there was a photo going about at one point.

Regarding Dr Y. He seems to be a mixed  back, where some guys are happy but then you hear about the horror stories.

If it's true about Alicia duvalle, I would personally leave well alone as you could really screw up your face.

girl

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2017, 10:31:02 AM »
I have followed Dr Y and done extensive research on him and did a face to face consult in Boston.  It wasn't until recently that I decided that I wont go to him.  I am not sure where I am going to go.  I am back to thinking of Dr Eppley.  It was really Alicia Douvall that turned me against him.  In reading her book and hearing how he kept pushing her to do more things, he did the same to me when I did a consult with him, I went for jaw implants alone yet he wanted to rebuild my whole face.  I saw what Alicia looked like after all the surgery he pushed on her insecure soul and thought OMG this is all the crap he was trying to push on me, so I have since crossed him off my list.  I have seen everything on realself, the good and the bad and also the woman who just posted her eye photos, based on her profile she had 5 nose jobs prior to seeing Dr Y, she must have issues and Dr Y capitalized on that.  Off my list....next

That one is a PS pusher who was on MissJ's site at one point. She had all her work corrected by another doctor and passed it off to her 'clients' as the work of the PS who botched her. She had many surgeries on her face elsewhere too and although 5 rhinos is not uncommon if you are unlucky, she wasn't exactly your average patient. And she hasn't stated whether it was ever 'Worth It' going to Dr Y.

Incredibly, she says she read Alicia's book before going in and that didn't put her off. That's due to the fact she's like Alicia - nothing would ever put her off getting PS.

girl

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2017, 04:16:10 PM »
He had a ton of fat to his face from what I remember - there was a photo going about at one point.

Regarding Dr Y. He seems to be a mixed  back, where some guys are happy but then you hear about the horror stories.

If it's true about Alicia duvalle, I would personally leave well alone as you could really screw up your face.

Here's the photo BTW of the guy who went to Yaremchuk and then had fat grafting with Coleman: https://screencast.com/t/xmZMF0NrP

Lestat

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2017, 12:13:11 PM »
Here's the photo BTW of the guy who went to Yaremchuk and then had fat grafting with Coleman: https://screencast.com/t/xmZMF0NrP

Thank you for your input!

I would like to hear Lazlo's opinion! 8)