Author Topic: Anyone ever heard of "Face Lift Dentistry"?  (Read 1036 times)

RedLips

Anyone ever heard of "Face Lift Dentistry"?
« on: December 06, 2016, 04:01:05 AM »
I'm a 25-year-old woman with a very long midface reminiscent of SJP, but I don't have any major functional problems (other than a gummy smile and a slight overbite that results in chin dimpling when I close my mouth.) I'm just dying to fix my long midface because it makes me sooooo self-conscious, but it's really scary to think about getting a major surgery that may backfire anyway. So I've been obsessively looking at other options.

Has anyone ever heard of this doctor in California who does Face Lift Dentistry? Can this help with long midface?

https://www.faceliftdentistry.com/

David_D

• Private
Re: Anyone ever heard of "Face Lift Dentistry"?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 09:20:00 AM »
I've looked at a lot of the before and after photos for the provider offering that service.  I think some of them look nice.  I think it might be a reasonable option for someone with a shorted midface who wants to increase tooth show by building up the teeth.  I do not think it's likely to be a good option for someone who wants to have a shorter midface.

I believe that jaw surgery shorten the appearance of the midface and give good cosmetic results.  For someone who is interested in addressing a specific cosmetic issue, I think it's important to get quite specific about that, and be on the same page with a provider about goals and likely outcomes.

Vic

Re: Anyone ever heard of "Face Lift Dentistry"?
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 12:15:56 PM »
It looks like its just a camouflage, but doesn't fix the actual issue and it wouldn't work for a class 3 case