Author Topic: Sliding Genioplasty and Wisdom teeth extraction  (Read 1347 times)

insecurelowerjaw

Sliding Genioplasty and Wisdom teeth extraction
« on: January 01, 2017, 03:52:03 PM »
Hi my names Rebecca and I am 18 years old.
Im getting a sliding genioplasty and wisdom teeth extraction (all 4) on the 16th of February. i was going to be getting lower jaw surgery (for aesthetic reasons) however my surgeon says i can achieve the same results through a SG, without having to do another round of braces, much easier recovery, and for a significantly lower price, and if i have my wisdom teeth out at the same time, the insurance covers half the theatre time and the hospital fees, so we will only have to pay for the exact minutes that they are doing the SG in theatre.
I am just wondering if anyone else has had this combination of surgeries before, and what the recovery is like. And what the recovery of the SG is like (how long were you swollen, in pain, what could you eat etc). I have university orientation week 10 days after surgery, so im hoping to look somewhat normal by then???
I live in New Zealand and am getting the surgery done by Wayne Gillingham, who i am 1000000% comfortable with, him and his team are some of the most lovely people i've ever met.

Im also wondering if there are any supplies i need to buy in advance? anything that makes recovery quick and easy.

Thanks  :)

marcus3415

Re: Sliding Genioplasty and Wisdom teeth extraction
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 08:24:38 PM »
you will procure the best opinions if you post a photo, at least of the lower 1/3rd

i can imagine a female getting an SG and being displeased with witch like, or pointy chin

marcus3415

Re: Sliding Genioplasty and Wisdom teeth extraction
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 08:25:00 PM »
you will procure the best opinions if you post a photo, at least of the lower 1/3rd

i can imagine a female getting an SG and being displeased with witch like, or pointy chin