Author Topic: What do you think I need?  (Read 1934 times)

Chinwingpls

What do you think I need?
« on: January 28, 2017, 09:09:36 AM »
Hello guys, I'm not new in the scene but I'm still a lot not sure about what operation would give me the best result. My dentist, who is also linked to a maxillofacial surgeon, told me that I miss jaw width and projection, wich is true. But in his opinion the bimax is not the anwswer because I've no malocclusion, and he suggest a genioplasty or an implant. I don't think that's the right way to correct the problem, since I've a really bad gonial angle and also my maxilla is recessed (I've chubby cheeks even if I'm really low bf) and I was thinking of something like bimax + chinwing, because I also need ramus lenght. What do you think it's the best option? I've a bit less then 10k budget.

This is the album
http://imgur.com/a/OgEsH

eflru

Re: What do you think I need?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 09:18:59 AM »
bimax is a super heavy surgery that you dont do only for aesthetics. I would go for a ching wing/ sliding genioplasty only.
Never go for implants - you most likely have to remove them one day - after that your bone will be even more recessed due to bone resorption

Chinwingpls

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 09:23:53 AM »
bimax is a super heavy surgery that you dont do only for aesthetics. I would go for a ching wing/ sliding genioplasty only.
Never go for implants - you most likely have to remove them one day - after that your bone will be even more recessed due to bone resorption

But what can I do for my smile... It's so hard for me to smile because my teeth are so back from the lip and smiling seem unnatural...

ditterbo

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 10:15:21 AM »
so post a pic of your smile.  got any cephs? i wouldn't jump into anything before you get medical imaging done.  ideally even a 3d ct scan

Chinwingpls

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 11:50:51 AM »
so post a pic of your smile.  got any cephs? i wouldn't jump into anything before you get medical imaging done.  ideally even a 3d ct scan

How do I make these?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 03:58:16 PM »
Your chin bone looks projected enough. Your jaw is recessed. Genioplasty or a chin wing (same thing really) will give you a massive ugly mentolabial fold. You need jaw surgery.  Single jaw surgery is almost always a compromise. Consult with a few top surgeons. Your local "best surgeon in the state" is a glorified dentist who is lucky to do orthognathic surgeries per year. Few surgeons do enough orthognathic surgeries to be trusted.

The Quest for Aesthetics

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2017, 09:05:12 PM »
Ideally you would get double jaw surgery with advancement and CCW rotation but there are a number of competing concerns as others have said. Many cases demonstrating the same cosmesis as your profile are treated in this way

Chinwingpls

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2017, 05:36:41 AM »
Thank you all for your answer, atm I'm speaking with Dott. Tito Marianetti from Rome. He do bimax in surgery first (With no before op. braces) when there is no malocclusion. On top of that he can do also chinwing in the same operation, but I need to take xrays to see if it's worth it or not... Other then the small Jaw i also have an absent ramus, and I saw that with chinwing your ramus will get longer.

ExtractionsRuinFaces

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2017, 09:38:46 AM »
I think double jaw surgery with CCW rotation + advancement would be the best bet for you, you have quite a steep mandibular angle. Do you show a lot of gum when smiling?

Chinwingpls

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2017, 10:02:27 AM »
I think double jaw surgery with CCW rotation + advancement would be the best bet for you, you have quite a steep mandibular angle. Do you show a lot of gum when smiling?

No I don't show gum when I smile, totally the opposite. I have difficulties to show whole teeths and the gum. If i try to smile open wide I just look deformed asf. My gonial angle it's pretty good tbh, it's not visible because my jaw it's not wide enough to show the bone, but when I strech my skin away I can tell that my gonial angle is something beetwin 100 and 100°