Author Topic: Besides jaw implants, what are the alternatives for vertical jaw augmentation?  (Read 1113 times)

Yyes

I have only heard of jaw implants but for aesthetic purposes what other procedures are out there?

Lefortitude

ive herd of a Side Wing osteotomy, an angle flaring osteotomy (which may both be the same thing) and fillers which i dont mess with.  However, osteotomies that increase projection in the jaw make them look bigger by comparison (something closer to the observer looks larger than something farther). this would include the chin wing and in a lesser sense the sliding genioplasty.  hope this helps.

ppsk

ive herd of a Side Wing osteotomy, an angle flaring osteotomy (which may both be the same thing) and fillers which i dont mess with.  However, osteotomies that increase projection in the jaw make them look bigger by comparison (something closer to the observer looks larger than something farther). this would include the chin wing and in a lesser sense the sliding genioplasty.  hope this helps.

who described the angle flaring osteotomy?