Author Topic: is jaw surgery worth it for the potential aesthetics alone?  (Read 11843 times)

usedtobepretty

Re: is jaw surgery worth it for the potential aesthetics alone?
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2017, 04:52:03 PM »
Yeah this long face look is also something I told my surgeon I DO NOT WANT and he pretends I asked for it LOL.
Jaw surgery can make a nice difference in how the upper face is projected but I believe that the jaw has to be kept small and the maxilla shouldn't be moved too much forward (especially on a woman, bc it creates the monkey look).
I would do the surgery again but with a different doctor and the advise to keep the jaw feminine and small.

I think it takes away a lot of femininity if not done correctly and many  women don't look really great after having it bc the face becomes long and the jaw too big.

my case is worse as its not fwd enough but yet looooong. hating it. well maybe I can shave the chin later on or reverse genioplasty I believe it'd already make a big difference. my chin was only advanced 3 mm but it does make a big difference when you have a round and small face which was mine.. before..

usedtobepretty

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2017, 05:04:11 PM »

Why do you think only jaw would leave me disappointed? I was originally considering jaw, rhino, and otoplasty since these are the three ugliest features i have. I'd consider doing the eyelids but I have no clue what my eyes will be like post surgery. I'm definitely not going to be the type that can accept how they look, it just means too much.

might be easier for me to die tbh. really hate being unattractive.

Does anyone have info on what I could do for my eyes?

I'm extremely worried they'll be even more deep set after surgery and even tilt downwards.

I know what its like not to be happy w your appearance but honestly I wouldn't advice you to go threw bimax looking at your photos. Go and see great plastic surgeon, maybe some minor and much less invasive procedures are possible for you. Believe me I hated the thought of having to go and get anything injected every couple months and didn't even want to hear about it but NOW after surgery I wish I had done so.. If however you will decide to go and do the surgery make sure you are 1000000% on the same page w your surgeon. Seriously even when you feel he doesn't have more time, is sick of you and your "ideas" push and discuss, don't get discouraged, make sure you have said everything you wanted to say and there s an understanding. I wish Id done so, I even remember thinking just b4the surgery to tell my surgeon not to lengthen my face too much and that Im much more concerned (and was) about how my jaw is retruded/not fwd enough whilst he was measuring 1/3rds.. I didn't say it. .. my doc said "it'll be OOOKKK" and I took it and thought "ok he knows what he's doing. It's hunting me ever since I saw my face post op..

Lord-of-the-Cartilage

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2017, 03:00:15 AM »
I know what its like not to be happy w your appearance but honestly I wouldn't advice you to go threw bimax looking at your photos. Go and see great plastic surgeon, maybe some minor and much less invasive procedures

I haven't seen OP's photos but if he has long face syndrome then osteotomies are the only solution to get him closer to where he wants to be. Soft tissue plastic surgery procedures are unlikely to improve that situation, they will just lead to wasted money and dissapointment.

Harvest, Harvest, Wherever You May Be; I Am the Lord of the Cartilage, Said He.

Lord-of-the-Cartilage

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2017, 10:20:15 AM »
I've seen some plastic surgeons regarding rhinoplasty and a sliding genio. But I'm just not sure how suitable that would be given my face right now. I've heard reduction of the nose size can make my jaws appear less recessed, but a sliding genio can't achieve the same results a good jaw surgery could and rhinoplasty is just as much a crapshoot as jaw surgery.

Granted, wait time and money wise, I could just get a rhinoplasty right now which is the plus.

All the pics you could possibly want:

http://imgur.com/qalWUDm
http://imgur.com/z22La1V
http://imgur.com/Y7s7Asq

xrays:
http://imgur.com/FOObxeo
http://imgur.com/LDVI1n3
http://imgur.com/tE15gTA

lower weight + jutting jaw forward + goo d lighting:
http://imgur.com/koyo2Sv

OK thank you for sharing your photos, whilst I think you would benefit from jaw advancement, you look handsome in my opinion and won't be held back from opportunities due to your appearance. You definitely don't have long face syndrome lol.

jaw

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2017, 10:24:40 AM »
OK thank you for sharing your photos, whilst I think you would benefit from jaw advancement, you look handsome in my opinion and won't be held back from opportunities due to your appearance. You definitely don't have long face syndrome lol.

I laughed at this portion.

Thanks for the assessment. Do you think the jaw advancement would be more of an aesthetic benefit vs a sliding genio/rhinoplasty?

Lord-of-the-Cartilage

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2017, 10:27:34 AM »
I laughed at this portion.

Thanks for the assessment. Do you think the jaw advancement would be more of an aesthetic benefit vs a sliding genio/rhinoplasty?

Yes, if you want surgery do bimax before anything else.
Well I am open to accept that I am wrong and that you look worse in real life, but truly you don't look bad man.

jaw

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2017, 10:41:38 AM »
Yes, if you want surgery do bimax before anything else.
Well I am open to accept that I am wrong and that you look worse in real life, but truly you don't look bad man.

I'll just politely say that you are indeed wrong regarding my looks & opportunities and leave it at that.

I'm trying to max my aesthetics out, but again, jaw surgery would pretty much be for cosmetic purposes for me and all potential for relapse, bad outcomes, nerve damage, just really worries me. It's just a hard choice especially when its all really unknown what the results would be from that or what other 'easier' procedures would do.

Lord-of-the-Cartilage

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2017, 10:54:20 AM »
I'll just politely say that you are indeed wrong regarding my looks & opportunities and leave it at that.

I'm trying to max my aesthetics out, but again, jaw surgery would pretty much be for cosmetic purposes for me and all potential for relapse, bad outcomes, nerve damage, just really worries me. It's just a hard choice especially when its all really unknown what the results would be from that or what other 'easier' procedures would do.

Ok no worries man, have "easier" procedures and don't post on a jaw surgery forum.

Lefortitude

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2017, 12:37:34 PM »
ok from that last pic il say youre not as bad as i thought. 

bimax would help you.  but its a personal decision as to if its worth it for you or not.  dont expect the members of online forums to make the decision for you.

second;  you can get away with plastic surgery instead of jaw surgery.  that being said, it would be as you ourlined before: Rhino, Ottoplasty, SG AND most importantly in my opinion, somethin to fix ur negative canthal tilt.  you can do that in a vast number of ways depending on the underlyin cause, which looks to me like its poor orbital projection, combined with weak and misaligned canthus.

finally, i recommend you stop looking for any further answers here.  were not gonna tell you what to do.  you have all the information, now the choice is ultimately yours.

kjohnt

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2017, 01:58:32 PM »
Yeah this long face look is also something I told my surgeon I DO NOT WANT and he pretends I asked for it LOL.
Jaw surgery can make a nice difference in how the upper face is projected but I believe that the jaw has to be kept small and the maxilla shouldn't be moved too much forward (especially on a woman, bc it creates the monkey look).
I would do the surgery again but with a different doctor and the advise to keep the jaw feminine and small.

I think it takes away a lot of femininity if not done correctly and many  women don't look really great after having it bc the face becomes long and the jaw too big.

I believe, after reading many of your posts, that you do not understand what makes people good looking.  Results that are good to me look monkey-ish and not feminine to you (the feminine/mascualine thing being completely untrue, but I've already addressed that on here before).

I'm not trying to be offensive to you so I apologize if this sounds like an attack.  It's just I believe your perception of beauty is skewed from the norm.  Perhaps mine is as well.

I'm curious, what do you think of Margot Robbie?  Specifically, what do you think about her jaws and facial projection?  IMO she is one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2017, 02:27:30 PM »
I'm not sure what would make her jaw overprotected or monkeyish?
This is a normal projected jaw, quiet small and very feminine.
I really don't need to argue with stupid people on here bc they put words into my mouth. Where do you see an overprotected monkey  maxilla or big jaw here?
Compare the face to Sailer's results.
OMG, really….

IMO the jaw surgery look is a combination of 3 things: the lower jaw advancement is all mandible, the ramus remains short and the maxilla is over advanced. Margot Robbie has a tall square ramus, high cheekbones, her whole face is forward grown (not just the maxilla and mandible).  Jaw surgery cannot give you that.  Only reincarnation.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2017, 02:48:14 PM »
Maybe it's all lighting and makeup tricks:

But I hardly ever see women with jaws like this: