Author Topic: New here where should I even start?  (Read 1720 times)

velociraptor19

New here where should I even start?
« on: February 20, 2017, 10:34:04 AM »
Hi everyone I'm coming to you today for genuine advice about these procedures. Basically I have a weak chin and my jawline isn't wide from what I can tell. I thought I had an overbite but I consulted with multiple plastic surgeons showing them my bite and they all said my bite was fine and I did not need orthographic nor would I benefit from it at all. One of the doctors I spoke to was Dr Barry Eppley in Indiana if anyone knows him. I was just going to get a chin implant or sliding genio and then get jaw implants but to be completely honest I rather explore the bone aspect first.

This is what I want, a stronger/wider chin mine is a little recessed. A better jawline from the side/front area. I might want to get a different chin shape but I'm afraid that may look weird so I'm not sure. What should I be looking for to reach these goals? Chin Wing? Genio? BSSO? Lefort? I've never had jaw/teeth problems at all, never even had braces because my teeth are straight and my bite is fine.

All I know is my chin is weak and my jaw is not thick. I want a stronger/bigger chin and a better jawline from the side/front sorry if that makes sense. Why I'm so insecure about this in the first place is because I have very wide/high prominent cheekbones and it makes me my jaw look even smaller. I have the facial structure of a female to be honest. I never had a girlfriend or anything like that, I don't care if this surgery gets me girls or not. At this point all I care about is making myself happy and doing what I think will improve my appearance. I have attached pictures of my bite.

Thank you everyone....

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 10:53:36 AM by velociraptor19 »

triot

Re: New here where should I even start?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 12:43:41 PM »
Pictures of your lower third from profile and en face would be helpful if you're looking for aesthetic advise.
I can't really see anything abnormal in your bite either. But pictures are quite blurry.

Lefortitude

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 03:27:39 PM »
looks like mandibular retrognathia

velociraptor19

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 03:45:27 PM »
looks like mandibular retrognathia

Thanks for your reply, I'm looking at that and it does not really look like what I have unless I'm only seeing worse cases. I really don't want orthographic surgery since from what I have seen it does not change much at all and the surgeons I've talked to said it will barley alter my appearance and I don't need it since my bite is fine. I was looking more at chin wings and bsso possibly.

velociraptor19

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 01:41:20 PM »
Looking for more advice on surgeries, something other than orthographic surgery because I don't want to spend 40k on just one surgery. I do want to maximize my jaw though. All the surgeons I talked to told me not to do an orthographic surgery.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 02:27:47 PM »
Lose more weight.

velociraptor19

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 02:55:38 PM »
Lose more weight.

I'm talking about actual surgery because I'm trying to find out what's wrong with my jaw. I have already lost 70 lbs and am still losing more. Don't know if you made that comment to be funny but I can care less, looking for someone elses opinion on the jaw situation. I'm new here dude and am looking for aesthetic advice on what surgeries I need to bring my jaw into alignment and make my chin stronger so I would appreciate advice on that. I have posted on realself and mostly the doctors just say implants. I would rather go the bone route for now.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 03:19:10 PM by velociraptor19 »

PloskoPlus

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 03:38:31 PM »
I'm talking about actual surgery because I'm trying to find out what's wrong with my jaw. I have already lost 70 lbs and am still losing more. Don't know if you made that comment to be funny but I can care less, looking for someone elses opinion on the jaw situation. I'm new here dude and am looking for aesthetic advice on what surgeries I need to bring my jaw into alignment and make my chin stronger so I would appreciate advice on that. I have posted on realself and mostly the doctors just say implants. I would rather go the bone route for now.
Hard to judge what your issues are since you're overweight. And if you remain so, anything you do will be hard to see the effect of.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 03:41:40 PM »
Lose more weight.

He filed a mod report over this.
I have to agree this isn't a great way to treat new members who are trying to figure out their issues.

It's hard to tell what the issue is from the photos, but it looks like asymmetry and recession; lower 3rd of the face is maybe a bit on the longer side, but it's hard to tell. You should go on a consultation, get x-rays, and everyone will know much more then.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

velociraptor19

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2017, 03:49:01 PM »
A consultation with an ortho surgeon right? The procedures I'm thinking of aren't really preformed in America for cosmetic reasons though such as chin wing and bsso? Sorry I don't know much about this that's why I'm here. All the American doctors just suggest implants. What would I even say to the ortho doctor, I want a stronger jaw/chin can you take an x-ray and tell me what surgeries would benefit me?

@PloskoPlus I have seen other overweight people on this forum and other forums such as realself where the doctors were still able to tell if the jaw was weak or recessed.