Author Topic: Lump above front tooth  (Read 845 times)

bouncerx

Lump above front tooth
« on: March 04, 2017, 11:17:57 AM »
I had double jaw surgery almost 7 years ago.

Last week I discovered a hard lump above my right front tooth(almost under nose). It is not that visible and u have to run your finger over it to feel it.

My best guess is that this is bone callus of where the bone was fractured. But a lump is always a lump and as much as it can be nothing it can be cancer as well.

So does anyone have any lumps along his jaw line which may be as a result of the surgery? It may have been there for 7 years and I am worrying for nothing but it is freaking me out.

bouncerx

Re: Lump above front tooth
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 12:42:52 PM »
It is very hard definitely not something that I can pop up ... its hard. I strongly believe it is bone. I will try to talk to my surgeon but he is very busy and if it's just a piece of harmless bone which has been there forever I feel stupid and obsessed going to him

Onyx

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 01:55:53 AM »
I have one on my jawline which came out of nowhere in December which was about 2 years after surgery. A surgeon dismissed it as cancer the second after I brought it up but that's the UK for you. My dentist was appalled when I told him how I was treated by the surgeon and said I should have it checked regularly.

bouncerx

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 02:26:17 AM »
May I ask you where on your jawline Onyx?

From some research I made it can be exostosis as well ... which is just extra bone that grows as support when there is tension on the bone due to factors such as malocclusion.

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 08:55:11 AM »
Could it be a screw that has come lose and is protruding? 
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 05:53:35 PM »
A surgeon dismissed it as cancer the second after I brought it up but that's the UK for you.

How does one "dismiss" cancer?

Did he tell you to see an oncologist at least? "Oh that's just cancer" seems like an odd and irresponsible response that it can't be true.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

LyraM45

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 06:23:55 PM »
I had a lump above my K9 and it ended up being one of my plate/screw sets.  I could totally tell it was that though.  You could see the shape of it through my gums.  I was so happy to get that thing out with revision and the revision set was placed much higher so I couldn't see/feel it there.

Letemp Stourne

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 05:42:07 AM »
It sounds as if this may be the plating or a screw/wire?  Or perhaps the transition point where the maxillae were advanced?  A dental abscess would unlikely be felt and not seen, and are very painful.  Is there pain?