Author Topic: Can you recommend a surgeon (online consult)  (Read 1086 times)

usedtobepretty

Can you recommend a surgeon (online consult)
« on: March 07, 2017, 07:00:44 AM »
Im looking for a surgeon to consult my complicated case (3 months post double jaw surgery, horrifying aesthetic results). Can you recommend a good surgeon pref who works in a team w plastic surgeon or jas great understanding of face aesthetics which I could contact via email to get some sort of feedback on wether the re-do is even possible? Thank you

CCW

Re: Can you recommend a surgeon (online consult)
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 03:30:48 PM »
Most surgeons don't do online/skype consultations, but I think Alfaro does this and he's a good surgeon. Plastic surgeons are useless.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 07:51:06 PM by CCW »

usedtobepretty

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 04:26:15 AM »
thank you so much, why do you think ps are useless?

diculo

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 07:59:08 AM »
Plastic surgeons are only good for fillers, face lifts, face tightening, or eye canthoplasty or canthopexy. In order to achieve maximum aesthetics from surgery, you need to see a maxillofacial surgeon. Plastic surgeons try to cover up facial deficiencies. For example, most people are not good looking because of their maxilla position or their lower jaws (mandible) are too short or chin is not prominent enough, etc.

usedtobepretty

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 08:00:34 AM »
I understand that. but it was the surgeon who performed my bimax that ruined my face. as it turns out - he has no understanding of aesthetics :(

Lefortitude

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 11:26:42 AM »
i think ideally, a surgeon should be a maxfac AND a PS

CCW

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 12:00:33 PM »
I understand that. but it was the surgeon who performed my bimax that ruined my face. as it turns out - he has no understanding of aesthetics :(
What do you expect a PS to be able to do if a maxfac ruined your face by moving bone? A PS can't fix your face with implants and fillers. It's true many surgeons don't care about aesthetics at all, but you need a good maxfac who does care. Gunson in the US and Zarrinbal in Europe would be safe bets.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 05:50:48 PM by CCW »

ditterbo

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2017, 03:00:54 PM »
i think ideally, a surgeon should be a maxfac AND a PS

Yes in that simple way of viewing it, I agree. But in actuality I've seen several of those types that will still have personal preference (irrespective of what is best for the patient) or completely leave out one side of that skill set in their treatment tool kit.

usedtobepretty

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2017, 10:15:27 AM »
What do you expect a PS to be able to do if a maxmax ruined your face by moving bone? A PS can't fix your face with implants and fillers. It's true many surgeons don't care about aesthetics at all, but you need a good maxfax who does care. Gunson in the US and Zarrinbal in Europe would be safe bets.

Thank you very much.
Im terrified to even think about 2nd surgery. ;( Im 3 montjs post 1st one and Im still very numb, cant eat (im choking/is it cause of numbness or is my palate too high/arched?
Youre right about PS and that it wont resolve the issue but I fear 2nd surgery will fix my 'face' but leave me with bigger problems :( Im 35 .. not a young patient..