Author Topic: What is wrong with my face? What caused this? What can I do?  (Read 1810 times)

Kmc77

What is wrong with my face? What caused this? What can I do?
« on: March 13, 2017, 09:14:54 PM »
Please help! I hate looking like this :( What are my options?

Other conditions: Allergies and anxiety disorder.

Thankyou for any assistance!!

:)

http://imgur.com/a/QQ3Ew

johnnyg12

Re: What is wrong with my face? What caused this? What can I do?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 07:49:51 AM »
hi, you don't look abnormal in the slightest, trust me. you have a weak chin and it looks like your jaw might be recessed. so jaw surgery would benefit you in your case, how is your bite?

strongjawman

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 10:42:50 AM »
Nothing you look normal/genetics and high bodyfat/go to gym, get lower jaw moved forward, or accept it and be happy.

Kmc77

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 11:15:01 AM »
hi, you don't look abnormal in the slightest, trust me. you have a weak chin and it looks like your jaw might be recessed. so jaw surgery would benefit you in your case, how is your bite?

Here is my bite

[attachment deleted by admin]

Lefortitude

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 11:26:29 AM »
first off, youre much better looking than the average guy, especially from the front.  thats mainly due to your features. 

second, your bone structure is quite weak, as can be seen from profile.  If you really want to fix this you can get jaw surgery but often times in cosmetic cases like yours the risks are greater than the rewards.  the exception is if you have a real identity issue, or its causing some functional problem like to your breathing or posture.  Rico on this forum said it best:  surgery is your enemy, you can fight that battle, and maybe you will win, but maybe not. 

CCW

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 11:38:24 AM »
The bite looks like a mild Class II div 1, but I think you look fine. Maybe get a genio if you want to do something. Do you have any functional issues like sleep apnea?

Kmc77

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 11:45:49 AM »
Thankyou, what is the treatment if it's only slight? Could I benefit from seeing an orthodontist?

Kmc77

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2017, 11:57:47 AM »
The bite looks like a mild Class II div 1, but I think you look fine. Maybe get a genio if you want to do something. Do you have any functional issues like sleep apnea?

Okay.. I got a sleep study done about 8 months ago and they didn't find anything. I barely slept the whole night though because I was uncomfortable with all the wires on me. I also have allergies to dust, dogs, cats, dogs, tree, pollens etc. which often makes me wake up congested. I have started taping my mouth which seems to help if I use my nasal spray before bed. I also have some sore points under my jaw (not the joint itself). My bite doesn't actually fit together either but I believe this is due to muscle spasms due to stress, especially because with stretches and massage it corrects for a short period of time. I don't know for sure though. I also have neck and shoulder pain, this has reduced with psychotherapy and "self help" books though.

Jilkster

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2017, 12:41:18 AM »
Filler to try and create hooded eye by covering upper eyelid and a hair transplant combined may improve your looks more than jaw surgery.

veryweakjaw

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2017, 02:25:58 AM »
I am not an expert but I think a genioplasty could do good in your case. The jaw might be recessed too, but I am not sure.

Hope you figure out and fix your problem.