Author Topic: My B/A Results (teeth & Face) with Myofunctional Treatment & Fillers  (Read 7036 times)

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
Sorry that this post took so long.
It is a while i'm claiming i'm seeing HUGE changes due to a myofunctional device I am trying. I finally compared before afters pictures i took at the dentist's office and i can see what i saw was NOT just some perception.
For sure, part of these changes are due to facial fillers. Perhaps I AM SURE some will say my posture is altered, while my posture actually CHANGED and many people commented on that. However, fillers and posture DO NOT MOVE TEETH. The teeth moved a lot in my opinion.

I'm happier about these results than of the ones i had with bimax and chin wings....perhaps i could not achieve this if i didn't do that...so it's all good!

I had myofunctional AFTER BIMAX and ORTHODONTIC treatment. so my teeth where not in a DISASTROUS shape. however you can clerly see how my molars where "tilted inward" (that's what i'm trying to show with the white lines) while "after" they are rotated much more outwards.

Not only my face changed where i put fillers, but also in paranasal area (fuller) and under eye. everything is more symmetric, lips and palate are wider and more stretched (no more "fish lips").

I'll leave it for you guys to comment. Please do not share these pics.

Ask me anything!

Cheers!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 01:50:01 PM by stupidjaws »

Jilkster

Re: My B/A Results (teeth & Face) with Myofunctional Treatment & Fillers
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 09:41:36 PM »
Are those before pics before your chin wings?

ppsk

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 09:44:23 PM »
Are those before pics before your chin wings?

before pic is after chin wings.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 09:52:23 PM »
You look fantastic, but... Even as I have not seen your post DJS pre chin wing surgery photos, it seems like you should have had more CCW rotation. Did you have a posterior down graft or just anterior impaction? Do you think your jaws are canted or are you tilting your head?

ditterbo

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 10:04:58 PM »
You look fantastic, but... Even as I have not seen your post DJS pre chin wing surgery photos, it seems like you should have had more CCW rotation. Did you have a posterior down graft or just anterior impaction? Do you think your jaws are canted or are you tilting your head?

Ya hate to turn the topic around back to his results, but looking at him pre-fillers but post bimax, 2 chin wings, and zso, his jaw/chin still appears a bit behind his maxilla.  Like if I drew Gunson's TVL line, his upper lip would hit it but not his lower lip and chin by like 2-4mm (trying to image his head tilted up slightly more than it is on the left shot).  If Z is more conservative, then he probably didn't get much jaw advancement - small posterior downgraft and average cut so maybe 10-12mm total at the pogonion.  Wild guess.

Back on topic, SJ are you doing myofunctional exercises regularly or just this mew device? Are you on some kind of program or just purchasing the device and self medicating? IIRC, what I've read in the past is that myofunctional devices move the teeth within the gums but do not affect the actual jaw or maxilla in adults.  Is that your understanding as well? Also, if I go to like this site http://myoresearch.com/appliances/appliances/a1  it looks like you're supposed to breathe through your nose at night.  What if I literally can't get enough air in through my nose at present? start on breathe right strips with the expectation the device will improve my nasal airway over time?

Milli_Meters

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 10:25:12 PM »
I thought he did not have bimax with Z only chin wings and ZSO.

Anyway , looking good.

ppsk

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 10:40:18 PM »
Ya hate to turn the topic around back to his results, but looking at him pre-fillers but post bimax, 2 chin wings, and zso, his jaw/chin still appears a bit behind his maxilla.  Like if I drew Gunson's TVL line, his upper lip would hit it but not his lower lip and chin by like 2-4mm (trying to image his head tilted up slightly more than it is on the left shot).  If Z is more conservative, then he probably didn't get much jaw advancement - small posterior downgraft and average cut so maybe 10-12mm total at the pogonion.  Wild guess.

Back on topic, SJ are you doing myofunctional exercises regularly or just this mew device? Are you on some kind of program or just purchasing the device and self medicating? IIRC, what I've read in the past is that myofunctional devices move the teeth within the gums but do not affect the actual jaw or maxilla in adults.  Is that your understanding as well? Also, if I go to like this site http://myoresearch.com/appliances/appliances/a1  it looks like you're supposed to breathe through your nose at night.  What if I literally can't get enough air in through my nose at present? start on breathe right strips with the expectation the device will improve my nasal airway over time?

i'm sure SJ can confirm for us, but from talking to him - Z didn't do his bimax.

jusken

• Private
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 11:04:05 PM »
Wait is the right profile the after?  Looks like your head is in a more forward posture on the right, but could also be because of the collar.  Sorry if I'm wrong, but didn't see any labels.

I kinda look for forward head posture a lot because it has given me back pain over the years - would recommend working on it unless you're just tilting your head for the photo! 

Glad everything worked out for you!

stupidjaws

• CFO
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 05:33:09 AM »
Great jaw shape. I would credit the shape changes more to the fillers than the myofunctional stuff.

Are you still seeking further improvements? I have gone the reverse route, chin wing first and CCW bimax later.

i have the "before" of the two chin wings, the bimax really f**ked me hard. i looked like a real subhuman!!!

I am super happy of my front and i only need to splash around 300 euros twice per year to mantain it. seems ok to me.

i could benefit from ccw but the doctor i trust most (marianetti) told me he will not perform surgery on me. he said that if he was the one to do the bimax initially he wouldve done for sure some degree of rotation more, however given the chin wings and the result i achieved on the front and the proportions i have he would not feel confident doing it.

I really trust him and more generally i understand that there's more to lose for me than to win should i get ccw

Milli_Meters

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 06:02:01 AM »
Great jaw shape. I would credit the shape changes more to the fillers than the myofunctional stuff.

Are you still seeking further improvements? I have gone the reverse route, chin wing first and CCW bimax later.

You have already had bimax?  How long before your upcoming procedure was this?

Milli_Meters

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2017, 06:02:56 AM »
i have the "before" of the two chin wings, the bimax really f**ked me hard. i looked like a real subhuman!!!

I am super happy of my front and i only need to splash around 300 euros twice per year to mantain it. seems ok to me.

i could benefit from ccw but the doctor i trust most (marianetti) told me he will not perform surgery on me. he said that if he was the one to do the bimax initially he wouldve done for sure some degree of rotation more, however given the chin wings and the result i achieved on the front and the proportions i have he would not feel confident doing it.

I really trust him and more generally i understand that there's more to lose for me than to win should i get ccw

Thank you for sharing your story. With this and the other thread you started you are helping a lot of people out.

stupidjaws

• CFO
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2017, 06:34:32 AM »
no pressure! thank you for contributing to the posts.

I had bimax years ago, results where underwhelming, so i had 2 chin wings that restored some frontal proportions. i completed my journey with these two non surgical treatments and this is the result.

Onyx

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2017, 11:40:54 AM »
I saw your before and afters a while ago on MissJ really fantastic.
You look super and although it might be verging on fake looking, I like hiw you look with the filler, your injector must be very skilled to give that angular masculine look with fillers. So the fillers last a year? If you only have to pay that amount each year then it's well worth it for that result.

Your lips do look more stretched / supported and less flabby in the after, perhaps that is because the device tipped your teeth foward and could the fullness you see in your paranasal area be due to filler migration?

You look great without the filler too, congratulations.

David_D

• Private
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2017, 11:55:11 AM »
I believe that I see that your mandibular teeth have been uprighted somewhat.  That's of a lot of interest to me, as I prefer the aesthetics of more uprighted teeth - I don't like the look of lingual tipping on me personally.  I have orthodontics right now, and I don't see any uprighting occurring.

Who is your myofunctional practitioner?

ppsk

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2017, 12:14:16 PM »
its pretty amazing that the fillers can do that kind of job of creating angular prominence, but I also really like how you look before with just the chin wings.

I wonder if some form of creative chin work can create a similar "square" effect with the chin.

One i dont understand is the "mandibular shaving" you mentioned. Greyandblue, Vic? Any idea what Z does with this?