Author Topic: Facial growth indicator  (Read 5220 times)

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
Re: Facial growth indicator
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2013, 03:08:30 PM »
i can understand the urge to figure out why but at this point a surgeon 99% of the time will not care unless it somehow affects treatment.

theyll perform a cephalometric study and do physical measurements...that's your treatment plan.

jaw surgery is standardized.

this! the reason why your face is where it is is not relevant euph!

x

• Private
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2013, 03:09:22 PM »
i can understand the urge to figure out why but at this point a surgeon 99% of the time will not care unless it somehow affects treatment.

theyll perform a cephalometric study and do physical measurements...that's your treatment plan.

jaw surgery is standardized.
understood.

once again, if the issue is with the mandible, I think it would be a mistake to try and correct it with movements of the maxilla to compensate. I don't want to just take doctors at their word, I want to understand the reasoning behind their decision making.

CK

• Private
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2013, 03:12:04 PM »
understood.

once again, if the issue is with the mandible, I think it would be a mistake to try and correct it with movements of the maxilla to compensate. I don't want to just take doctors at their word, I want to understand the reasoning behind their decision making.

i agree, but im saying a surgeon isnt going to care about self-diagnosis. i guess if u put it in question format ud might get some straight answers but if ur like this is why i am x, y z fix me they'll just laugh inside.

good way to shop for surgeons imo

x

• Private
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2013, 03:16:22 PM »
i agree, but im saying a surgeon isnt going to care about self-diagnosis. i guess if u put it in question format ud might get some straight answers but if ur like this is why i am x, y z fix me they'll just laugh inside.

good way to shop for surgeons imo

I say let them laugh, if it means walking away slightly more informed

also i hear so much about botched jobs and inappropriate movements given a person's pre-op status. i don't know about you guys but i don't have much interest in becoming a statistic