Author Topic: Will it change the way I look?  (Read 1690 times)

jawquestion

Will it change the way I look?
« on: April 01, 2017, 10:55:06 AM »
Dear members of JawSurgeryForums

I'm uploading a photo of my self. Do you think Jaw Surgery will fix my head shape, and make me look better?

I have my doubts because in the before and after pictures I have seen you cant tell much difference but then no one has it as bad as me imo .

What do you guys think?

I have a op coming up to fix it soon, technically not for aesthetic reason, ('cause its bad they said it needs to be fixed for heath reasons)

I'm 18 and hate the way I look, so please be nice.

Thanks a lot,

Alex

[attachment deleted by admin]

UKMaxfac

Re: Will it change the way I look?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 11:34:22 AM »
Your upper jaw (Maxilla) is dished in - the middle third of your face will look much more harmonious post-OP
Good luck.

jawquestion

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 02:45:33 PM »
Hey, do you think it will make my face look more oval ?

Will I look normal after the surgery, or will I still be ugly? I can't tell which parts of my jaw is affecting?

Thanks.

Millis

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 05:46:13 PM »
It looks like you definitely have bite issues, you NEED to get these resolved through surgery, you have a lot of research to do

After your tooth and maxilla related issues are resolved I would recommend first a canthopexy for your eyes, hairline lowering, and buccal fat removal.

Lefortitude

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 08:34:36 AM »
yes maxillary advancement will make you look much better looking. you can look into cantho procedures to address your negative canthal tilt or you can try inferior orbital rim implants, which can work well too.  After jaw surgery you will probably want a rhinoplasty. 

good news is, this is a good age to get this sorted out, so you look and feel your best in your prime.

good luck.

jawquestion

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 10:17:16 AM »
Is negative canthal titl even that much of a issue to consider surgery, also I looked up "cantho procedures", perhaps you misspelled it because I can't find anything about it!

When you say you will probably want a rhinoplasty is this because I might not need one due to the surgery changing the middle third of my face and might have such good results? I'm getting the bite fixed, I was just wondering how much it will affect my aesthetics, because from googling some people said the results are massive whereas others have literally no change imo. Change of appearance is listed as a side affect for the surgery, but the surgeons said I should expect a lot of positive change because of the severity of my bite!

Wouldn't it be better trying to loose fat than getting it surgically removed?

Also what if I have a hairline lowering but then go bald, wouldn't it be better getting a hair transplant and making sure fin maintains my hair?

UKMaxfac

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 01:21:42 PM »
Dude take what the guys above you are saying with a pinch of salt.
Just get the Lefort 1 and see how you look like

PloskoPlus

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2017, 01:34:37 PM »
Your mid face will appear longer afterwards.  Some like that, I didn't.

UKMaxfac

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2017, 02:59:49 PM »
Your mid face will appear longer afterwards.  Some like that, I didn't.

It will just look harmonised, surely? Like it's very dished in and recessed at the moment. I hardly think it'd look worse post-op, objectively speaking.
It's one thing to have a short mid-face that isn't related to a jaw issue, but if you have one that's only short because the maxilla is recessed then that's not good.