Before/After Photos > Underbites

Before and After Underbite

<< < (3/3)

chynee:

--- Quote from: Ticketed Slime on April 21, 2017, 01:14:42 AM ---Hey Chynee, your results look staggering! Just a question about the deviated septum you had. Were the surgeons happy to correct your deviated septum? As in did you have to pay extra? etc.? I'm only asking, because I also have a deviated septum and my ortho and surgeon commented on this in the preliminary stages of my treatment when they were taking my photos of my jaw profile etc. and I also would like to get that sorted too, but I always thought you'd have to get a separate surgery to fix that issue. However, almost every before and after pictures of under bites that I've stumbled across on the internet have nose changes (for the better) so I was just wondering if the surgery itself fixes the issue or it has to be done separately?

--- End quote ---

Thanks, So I knew I had the deviated septum from an injury I sustained as a baby, but I always thought that would be a separate surgery as well. To be honest, I never even brought this sup to my surgeon I only asked how much by nose would change, and he said slightly at the base. My maxilla was moved forward 4mm, and my jaw was moved back 3mm.

When I awoke from surgery, my surgeon told me that once he had pulled back my upper lip, he realized how deviated my septum was. Before putting me back together, he decided to correct my deviated septum. He told me that I would notice a few more changes to my nose than we discussed, but that they would be aesthetically and functionally positive. I asked him if that was cosmetic or I would pay extra, etc. (my insurance covered my surgery 100%), and he said he wasn’t going to bill the insurance for me since he decided to do it on the spot. He stated that it seemed silly to make me go though another surgery for something he could easily take care of while he was already in there and to consider it a BOGO surgery (buy one, get one). lol :D

All in all, I’m pleased he did it because my nose is definitely straighter (which I don’t think the jaw surgery alone would have done), and I breathe so much better through my nose now (both from surgery and the septoplasty). Recovering was weird because I had nose stuff to tend to as well, and I wasn’t allowed to blow my nose for what seemed like forever....it was either 8 or 12 weeks post op that I was allowed to blow my nose again.

adeiber:
Thank you so much for posting your whole detailed journey!  My daughter needs surgery and I'm so nervous about it - your posts, and how great you look, make me feel much better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version