Author Topic: Consultation with Dr. Triaca (Chin Wing)  (Read 5990 times)

ismic

Re: Consultation with Dr. Triaca (Chin Wing)
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2017, 11:48:30 AM »
Actually there have been some studies that show it to be true.  obviously its not the correct treatment for bad OSA but if its something like "i cant sleep on my back so I roll on my side to breath better"  it may work.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4339332/

"We evaluated 10 subjects (4 males, 6 females) who underwent wing mandibular osteotomy. The mean age of the subjects was 37.8 ± 7.26 years. Analysis of the data demonstrated a significant change in ESS and AHI 1 year after operation. However, PAS was not changed 1 year after surgery. Results did not show any correlation between age, ESS and AHI before and 1 year after surgery."

so it might be worth noting that he wasnt just talking out of his ass.  however, if you have severe OSA, id recommend the bimax.

Thanks for this! Really good to know.

ditterbo

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2017, 02:55:31 PM »
If you read further down, chin wing seemed to only lower OSA levels by 8.  That's not terribly significant if you have anything more than mild to very moderate sleep apnea. 

whatdo

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2017, 07:50:55 AM »
This is probably a dumb question, but are Zarrinbal and Triaca open to doing small consults over the phone/email for those in the states?

Milli_Meters

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2017, 09:13:10 AM »
Does Dr Zarrinbal's receptionist not understand English AT ALL?

A while back  Dr Z offered me a consult date but I could not secure the visa in time. I called up to explain and left my info and assumed it was captured.

Is it possible it was not?? Does anyone know if there are multiple receptionists? Cause it seems atleast one speaks some English.

The phone connection  was also horrible now that I remember.

I am feeling anxious now , hope I did not blow my precious chance.  :(

Milli_Meters

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2017, 01:04:03 AM »
Yeah that is why I am wondering if there are multiple receptionists .

Once I called up I was conveyed in English that he was on vacation. The 2nd time I called the person just answered in German and seemed to be affirmative when I asked if could I leave my info but I did not hear back. But maybe it takes a while.

ppsk

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2017, 01:12:29 AM »
Does Dr Zarrinbal's receptionist not understand English AT ALL?

A while back  Dr Z offered me a consult date but I could not secure the visa in time. I called up to explain and left my info and assumed it was captured.

Is it possible it was not?? Does anyone know if there are multiple receptionists? Cause it seems atleast one speaks some English.

The phone connection  was also horrible now that I remember.

I am feeling anxious now , hope I did not blow my precious chance.  :(

What country are you from?

I'd be quite surprised if you actually need a visa to visit germany. Most 1st world countries enjoy visa free travel to germany (and most of europe for that matter) for up to 3 months.

Milli_Meters

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2017, 01:22:40 AM »
I spend by time between Canada and India but my passport/citizenship in Indian. I feel it will be better/easier for me to travel from Canada as I am on a field assignment here far away from major cities.

But has anyone experienced this - Call up Dr Z's office and the person basically JUST talks in German?

Did I dial the wrong number? Jeez.