Author Topic: Please answer: Bimax reversal possible?  (Read 827 times)

birder333

Please answer: Bimax reversal possible?
« on: May 14, 2017, 04:27:05 PM »
Hi all,

I had upper jaw and lower jaw advancement and a sliding genioasry 4 months ago. I'm having a hard time coping with my new face as I liked mine before.

I know there is still plenty of time for residual swelling to go down and this is a time in the recovery period where depression is rampant. I am addressing that by going to talk to someone.

But for piece of mind, if I get a year out and can't accept the results, is it possible to reverse a bimax surgery and return to how you looked prior?

Has anyone had a reversal? I'm wondering to what extent your face doesn't look the same as before even after a reversal because of scar tissue.

If anyone can share stories of reversals they have experienced or heard of, or just knowledge from research, I can't find much online.

Thanks

David_D

• Private
Re: Please answer: Bimax reversal possible?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 12:31:39 PM »
Hello.  If your concerns are aesthetic, I recommend getting a consultation with more than surgeon with much experience and expertise in handling cases with a cosmetic emphasis.  For instance, I think a consultation with Dr. Gunson may be worthwhile.  I would consider that your concerns may be best addressed through something other than attempting to move things back exactly where they were.