Author Topic: What actually makes a male face good looking?  (Read 9816 times)

UKMaxfac

What actually makes a male face good looking?
« on: May 27, 2017, 08:38:53 AM »
I thought I understood, but I look at some of the men women go out with and I just cannot fathom why they would bother or be at all interested in them.

Then there's me who can't get a girl I'm attracted to even though I don't think I'm that ugly - but women think I am.

Is there just some kind of radar they have and they can pick up bad pheromones / asymmetries?

I'd like this to be an actual discussion based on facts and reasoning, not 'women like confidence' or 'women like a good sense of humor' - neither of those things are the basis of physical attraction. Danny Devito can be as confident as he likes but he's not getting any decent women without his celebrity status.

skullremodel

Re: What actually makes a male face good looking?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 08:55:47 AM »
I fully believe Tinder has proven what women find good looking in men.

IMO, zygos (width + high set) + eye area by far determine attractiveness.

Lefortitude

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 03:01:24 PM »
Bone proportions.  They should my symetrical.  Sexual dimorphism i.e strong square jaw and thick imposing brow.  FORWARD GROWTH

PloskoPlus

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 04:07:37 PM »
Symmetry of the face and a strong jawline are like 90% of the attractiveness in a mans face.
Handsome men grow massive beards and still look handsome.

Milli_Meters

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 04:14:04 PM »
Yeah but those beards are growing ON JAWS.

JAWS OF THUNDER!!!!

« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 04:30:23 PM by Milli_Meters »

Freeways

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 04:23:02 PM »
Symmetry is not important, because it's very hard to spot asymmetries in motion. Bradley Cooper is a good example. I also don't think eyes are as important as many believe. Eyes are quite important for selfies/tinder/instagram, but not so much when you see someone in real life.

I think the important thing is to not have significant recession anywhere, with jaw/chin protrusion being the most important trait. Also good looking males usually have low bodyfat, good skin and hair.

Milli_Meters

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2017, 04:25:10 PM »
Eyes are extremely crucial actually. They can make or break u.

needadvancement

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2017, 05:13:56 PM »
I think it comes down to milimeters, those world class surgeons who understand and analyze features down to every possible spacing, angle and position got the right idea. I don't think it's about a particular part of the face, I mean you can find handsome and average guys who can both have the same solid feature.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2017, 06:00:45 PM »
There is an old school word - photogenicity.  In the olden days it was common wisdom that some people may look better in real life than on camera.  I thought it was a cop-out to make people feel better about themselves... but I've recently met people who look good in their photos, but are quite average when you see them in person.  So maybe it's not a cop-out after all.  However, with social networking being so big these days, it seems like it's more important to look good on camera than IRL. IMO, noses have a huge impact on photogenicity.  Probably why almost everyone in Hollywood has had rhinoplasty.

skullremodel

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2017, 06:07:11 PM »
I disagree. Eyes area is extremely important. To me, having a very good eye area is indicative of a strong zygomatic area which frames the entire face.

People like shimansky or lachowski don't have particularly strong lower thirds/jaws. What they do have are solid eye + cheek areas.

Ben30

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2017, 03:56:00 AM »
Having 32 nice straight teeth, or the space for them has got to be a good starting point.

ppsk

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2017, 04:14:17 AM »
I disagree. Eyes area is extremely important. To me, having a very good eye area is indicative of a strong zygomatic area which frames the entire face.

People like shimansky or lachowski don't have particularly strong lower thirds/jaws. What they do have are solid eye + cheek areas.

https://fashionweekdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/BFA_10086_1218467-800x470-14128700011.jpg

in what world is this not a "strong" jawline?

Milli_Meters

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2017, 04:34:28 AM »
https://fashionweekdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/BFA_10086_1218467-800x470-14128700011.jpg

in what world is this not a "strong" jawline?

+1

And I do not think Shimansky has a "solid eye area" (for a mm)

Millis

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2017, 07:51:34 AM »

Shimansky has one of the biggest, sculpted jaws I have ever seen... And Lachowski has a square jaw too

The only male model I can think of who doesn't have a perfectly square 90 degree jaw is David Gandy, funnily enough. His gonial angle looks very rounded off in some candid photos of him. But it's insignificant.

Millis

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2017, 07:57:46 AM »
It's quite complex. It can't be stated briefly. There are many distances, ratios and individual features to consider if you want a full answer to this.

To simplify it...

1. FACE SHAPE - Yes, basically strong cheekbones and jaw and the RELATION between these two. Cheekbones are more important. You must also consider the temples and cheeks. Light bulb shaped heads are very unattractive. Chubby cheeks are unattractive.

2. EYE AREA - The lower eyelid should be straight for men. Positive canthal tilt. Strong brow ridge which creates hooding of the upper eyelid over the eyes and low set eyebrows.

3. Skin, hair, etc.

Believe me, face shape and eye area are the two most elemental things. Address these first and foremost.