Author Topic: What actually makes a male face good looking?  (Read 9817 times)

Milli_Meters

Re: What actually makes a male face good looking?
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2017, 08:36:09 AM »
It's quite complex. It can't be stated briefly. There are many distances, ratios and individual features to consider if you want a full answer to this.

To simplify it...

1. FACE SHAPE - Yes, basically strong cheekbones and jaw and the RELATION between these two. Cheekbones are more important. You must also consider the temples and cheeks. Light bulb shaped heads are very unattractive. Chubby cheeks are unattractive.

2. EYE AREA - The lower eyelid should be straight for men. Positive canthal tilt. Strong brow ridge which creates hooding of the upper eyelid over the eyes and low set eyebrows.

3. Skin, hair, etc.

Believe me, face shape and eye area are the two most elemental things. Address these first and foremost.

Well put.

skullremodel

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2017, 12:22:46 PM »
https://fashionweekdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/BFA_10086_1218467-800x470-14128700011.jpg

in what world is this not a "strong" jawline?

I mean it looks good dead on. The jawline is strong but I still wouldn't say its a strong jaw as from the side his jaw looks recessed at least in this picture:
http://ftape.com/model/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Brian-Shimansky-The-Model-Wall-FTAPE-03.jpg

Similarly with someone like Bateman - his side profile doesn't measure up to those with strong jaws imo. (Cavill, O'Pry, etc)

If both of those guys posted their side profiles here, there would be multiple people telling them they needed some form of jaw surgery to address the 'recession' they have.

I stand by what I said. Cheek + eye area are by far the most important elements for attractiveness.

ditterbo

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2017, 12:28:37 PM »
That guys brow bone is ginormous

CCW

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2017, 12:30:45 PM »
I mean it looks good dead on. The jawline is strong but I still wouldn't say its a strong jaw as from the side his jaw looks recessed at least in this picture:
http://ftape.com/model/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Brian-Shimansky-The-Model-Wall-FTAPE-03.jpg

Similarly with someone like Bateman - his side profile doesn't measure up to those with strong jaws imo. (Cavill, O'Pry, etc)

If both of those guys posted their side profiles here, there would be multiple people telling them they needed some form of jaw surgery to address the 'recession' they have.

I stand by what I said. Cheek + eye area are by far the most important elements for attractiveness.
He's looking down in that picture. He's not recessed.

Milli_Meters

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2017, 12:31:09 PM »
That guys brow bone is ginormous

Is that good or bad?

Milli_Meters

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2017, 12:37:59 PM »
How much do you guys think eye COLOR matters?

I think if you have got the shape etc then it can bump eyes up to an ethereal category. Otherwise , whatever.

[attachment deleted by admin]

CCW

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2017, 01:07:23 PM »
How much do you guys think eye COLOR matters?

I think if you have got the shape etc then it can bump eyes up to an ethereal category. Otherwise , whatever.
The shape is more important. Most people don't even notice or pay attention to the color of your eyes.

The Quest for Aesthetics

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2017, 03:45:29 AM »
The most important parts applicable to all males are first of all not having any significant deviations from proper facial growth/formation . After that it's soft tissue quality/complexion.

Other things depend on the particular male phenotype. For instance, for older males dimorphism is more important. For teenage pretty boys, dimorphism will be much less important. There's also the issue of the presence of particular features that 'halo' the individual. For instance a v shaped jaw or sparkling pretty eyes will halo the rest of the face.

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2018, 04:03:23 PM »
Bone proportions.  They should my symetrical.  Sexual dimorphism i.e strong square jaw and thick imposing brow.  FORWARD GROWTH

You forgot good shape of the bones. People seem to not talk enough about the shape of the bones to a precise level and delve too much into forwards growth and symmetry.

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2018, 04:07:43 PM »
I think it comes down to milimeters, those world class surgeons who understand and analyze features down to every possible spacing, angle and position got the right idea. I don't think it's about a particular part of the face, I mean you can find handsome and average guys who can both have the same solid feature.

Which surgeons are the ones who can do that? I heard Gunson knows his stuff very well.

I'm certain that pretty much anything except a rhinoplasty and genioplasty won't help me when it comes to current technology. But I'm just curious what makes me so unattractive. I have a general idea, but I would wish to know elaborately even though I'm helpless about all these things for curiosity sake so I can do morphs to see how handsome I could have been in another parallel universe.

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2018, 04:09:02 PM »
There is an old school word - photogenicity.  In the olden days it was common wisdom that some people may look better in real life than on camera.  I thought it was a cop-out to make people feel better about themselves... but I've recently met people who look good in their photos, but are quite average when you see them in person.  So maybe it's not a cop-out after all.  However, with social networking being so big these days, it seems like it's more important to look good on camera than IRL. IMO, noses have a huge impact on photogenicity.  Probably why almost everyone in Hollywood has had rhinoplasty.

Yes, a study showed that once social media became mainstream, the number of rhinoplasties done went up.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2018, 11:04:07 PM »
Yes, a study showed that once social media became mainstream, the number of rhinoplasties done went up.

Right, which just indicates there are vast numbers of idiots in the world. Rhino's hardly do s**t, and mostly make people look worse.

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2018, 08:54:37 AM »

Right, which just indicates there are vast numbers of idiots in the world. Rhino's hardly do s**t, and mostly make people look worse.

Its because most people are dumbasses. They look at a particular celeb and be like "I WANT HIS/HER NOSE REEEEEEEEEE" without considering if it actually fits their nose and harmony.

Rhino would help me though, haha. But for most, its a waste of time.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2018, 10:11:49 AM »

Well, although I agree that dumb people far outnumber smart people, as far as rhinos are concerned, I would extrapolate that smart people isolate good reason(s) to get one which is
WHEN the nose detracts from the rest of the face, especially in cases where others give one GRIEF for one's nose (make fun of it) or in other clear cut cases where the nose is a key detractor. For example, people who are PICKED ON for the appearance of their nose, get the most RELIEF from rhinoplasty.

The other group of those getting them; 'not so smart' or just dumb are what I call the 'NOSE PICKERS'; those who don't have appearance problems with thier nose but are looking for some kind of 'perfection' or who have requests like; 'I want this or that celeb's nose.', 'I need surgery for this MINOR thing that no one else but me obsessing in the mirror notices.'....STUFF LIKE THAT. For example, people with ultra PICKY requests who get rhino to pick and choose, the 'exact' model of nose they want.

That said, when I ISOLATE rhino outcomes to those I would deem with a legit need of IMPROVEMENT, I see improvement in most of the people in THAT group who get it. The other group is what I call the 'NOSE PICKERS' where their picky reasons to get rhino might not give much to any improvement at all. For example an exacting request to have a nose just like 'this or that' celeb or in accordance to 'this or that' change can end up being the wrong nose for their face.

So, when you say rhinos 'mostly' make people look WORSE, which GROUP of people are you looking at, the ones who have noses that detract from their face or the ones who would look fine if they just left their nose alone?
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2018, 11:15:07 AM »
Well, although I agree that dumb people far outnumber smart people, as far as rhinos are concerned, I would extrapolate that smart people isolate good reason(s) to get one which is
WHEN the nose detracts from the rest of the face, especially in cases where others give one GRIEF for one's nose (make fun of it) or in other clear cut cases where the nose is a key detractor. For example, people who are PICKED ON for the appearance of their nose, get the most RELIEF from rhinoplasty.

The other group of those getting them; 'not so smart' or just dumb are what I call the 'NOSE PICKERS'; those who don't have appearance problems with thier nose but are looking for some kind of 'perfection' or who have requests like; 'I want this or that celeb's nose.', 'I need surgery for this MINOR thing that no one else but me obsessing in the mirror notices.'....STUFF LIKE THAT. For example, people with ultra PICKY requests who get rhino to pick and choose, the 'exact' model of nose they want.

That said, when I ISOLATE rhino outcomes to those I would deem with a legit need of IMPROVEMENT, I see improvement in most of the people in THAT group who get it. The other group is what I call the 'NOSE PICKERS' where their picky reasons to get rhino might not give much to any improvement at all. For example an exacting request to have a nose just like 'this or that' celeb or in accordance to 'this or that' change can end up being the wrong nose for their face.

So, when you say rhinos 'mostly' make people look WORSE, which GROUP of people are you looking at, the ones who have noses that detract from their face or the ones who would look fine if they just left their nose alone?

For the perfectionists I wonder why the emphasis on rhinos though? Often, the issues are more than just noses for all things considered.