Author Topic: Crooked face girl needs help!  (Read 2541 times)

Crookedpow

Crooked face girl needs help!
« on: April 15, 2017, 02:19:10 PM »
My story is so long so lemme give you to short version. I had braces for the last 4 years preparing for surgery. I had so much trouble finding a surgeon and insurance i was young and my naivety prolonged my treatment. My ortho recommended Arnett and Gunson. I went to 3 other consultations that made me feel so confused as to which until i met A&G. Their consultation was the s**t, until i heard the amount. :( so beyond my financial means and they don't take insurance, payment plans, only cash or credit. Eventually I had to remove my braces because they were beginning to damage my teeth for having them so long. My ortho said we'll take a break and put them back on when ur ready for surgery. So pretty much I'm back to square one again. Im looking for a surgeon who is GREAT with aesthetics (I'm in the entertainment industry so I'd like to look my best)  but good functionality as well because i have the typical underbite issues.  I want to use A&G's treatment plan. Arnett said there was alot of asymmetry which is difficult. I have two points of contact with my bite, He recommended upper jaw brought forward, widened, and tilted evenly. My lower jaw juts to the right so bringing it centered.  It also included cheek and orbital rim implants since my eyes get sunken in due to my lack of a midface which makes me look older i think. sorry i don't have professional pictures up. I'm just having trouble knowing what to look for in a surgeon and one who's capable of their treatment plan. Soooo scared to f**k my face up because I'm happy with it for the most part except for the issues i just mentioned.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 12:46:13 PM by Crookedpow »

UKMaxfac

Re: Crooked face girl needs help!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 04:02:12 PM »
Cant make US surgeon recommendations but it's easier to judge if you post pics with little to no makeup showing side profile etc clearly.

Berghain

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 02:55:49 PM »
 :o f**k. you look fine

Milli_Meters

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 11:21:15 PM »
I got a frontal lobe wing osteotomy with Gunson and it couldn't have gone better!

Please elaborate if you want to

ppsk

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 07:21:29 AM »
you need to take proper pictures to get help, thats front on and profile of your face, not party photos or instagram style photos

that said from what i can tell, you are quite good looking at the moment and should be cautious about getting surgery. Im surprised they suggested implants since your cheekbones are not retruded at all and its this area in particular i would be really careful about - ask to see examples of patients who have had this done and see if you like the look. Most of the silicone cheekbone implant results Ive seen have not look natural after.

As for surgeons, I cant make any recommendations for US ones. Gunson should be able to recommend surgeons himself if you explain you simply cannot afford their services.

If you're willing to travel, There is Dr Raffaini in Italy who has some of the most pleasing results aesthetically I have seen. I'm not sure if your insurance would cover that you would have to check with them, but he is significantly cheaper than A&G (Raffaini is roughly up to 20k euro depending on the procedures, as opposed to A&G who average about 50k US)

Crookedpow

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 12:55:27 PM »
Ok I will update with proper photos! I asked the office of A&G if they could make some recommendations for more affordable surgeons and they wouldnt! can u believe that? im gonna ask someone else in their office again though cuz the lady was kinda short with me. Also i would prefer to do the procedure in my current location California. Im lookin at Doctors Relle, Walline, and Kupferman at LACOMS. anyone heard of them? or other Californian or surrounding state doctors? thankyou

kjohnt

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 11:15:25 PM »
Ok I will update with proper photos! I asked the office of A&G if they could make some recommendations for more affordable surgeons and they wouldnt! can u believe that? im gonna ask someone else in their office again though cuz the lady was kinda short with me. Also i would prefer to do the procedure in my current location California. Im lookin at Doctors Relle, Walline, and Kupferman at LACOMS. anyone heard of them? or other Californian or surrounding state doctors? thankyou

Their office is going to ignore you.  It is a business and you are not a customer, so you are not important.  I know this from experience.

But you can always take the information you've been provided and speak with a more affordable surgeon about it.

Also note most other surgeons don't do the HA cheekbone enhancement, just jaws.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 11:46:12 PM by kjohnt »

overbiteme

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2017, 01:13:02 PM »

I had surgery with Dr. Relle. Very solid surgeon and he does CCW. The only thing with him is he is a bit conservative. He does as little as possible. Other than that, he is great. So if you know what you want (from the consultation from A/G), you can talk about it with Relle. He is out of network but takes insurance. I paid around 20% out of pocket and the rest was covered by the insurance.