Author Topic: chinwing asymmetry  (Read 1014 times)

hadmysurgery

chinwing asymmetry
« on: July 15, 2017, 02:56:56 PM »
How can chinwing asymmetry be improved? Does the complete border of the mandible need to be cut off again and repositioned?

Lefortitude

Re: chinwing asymmetry
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 09:40:50 PM »
depends on the case.  if one side is too prominent, it can be shaved down, if one side is lacking, it can be re osteotomized and moved again.  usually 2 chin wings does the trick.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 02:32:58 AM »
Not everyone counted on getting two chinwings! That'd cost you over 35-40K if you're lucky enough not to need a revision or get an infection (which I did get!) while you're on your way.
You have my sympathy.  It seems like a pretty unpredictable surgery like rhinoplasty (which also very often requires revision).  From what I've seen on this forum, multiple chin wings seem to be almost the norm.  A couple of years ago I spoke to "the chin wing man".  He made a big deal about being able to repeat ching wings like it's not big deal.  This made me think he was making a virtue out of necessity - they need to be repeated for the best result.

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 02:17:18 PM »
i think if you want to have a "one shot" surgery and need BIG changes medpor implants are the way.

chin wing is IDEAL if you:
-need small changes to begin with
-are ready to a "second round" if you aim for the moon starting from a s**tty situation