General Category > Aesthetics

Sliding Genioplasty lost projection after swelling was gone, using filler?

<< < (2/13) > >>

kavan:

--- Quote from: tim06 on October 26, 2017, 12:47:16 PM ---I asked for a BSSO and the doctor told me it is not possible since my bite is fine. No doctor will do a lefort 1 or 2 for aesthetic reasons. The only options left are Chin Wing, Implant, or Fillers.
A chin wing is too dangerous and would most likely just result in an even pointer chin, and a visible plate that stands forward.

During my SG the chin was moved by 11 mm.

--- End quote ---

None of the options you mentioned, (alone) would address what looks like excess protrusion to the area I showed. I guess you could get an implant to bulk up your chin more if you feel more bulk there would please you.  I'm just telling you where I see excess protrusion to the face which is in the lefort 2 area.

tim06:

--- Quote from: kavan on October 26, 2017, 01:03:56 PM ---None of the options you mentioned, (alone) would address what looks like excess protrusion to the area I showed. I guess you could get an implant to bulk up your chin more if you feel more bulk there would please you.  I'm just telling you where I see excess protrusion to the face which is in the lefort 2 area.

--- End quote ---

Yes, but it is simply not possible to address this. I asked this multiple maxillofacial surgeons and they refused to do it.

tim06:

--- Quote from: tdawg on October 26, 2017, 12:55:29 PM ---Can you post a picture of your teeth biting down, from the side? From the way your upper lip sticks out I would be pretty surprised if you didnt have a significant overjet.

--- End quote ---

No, none of my doctors ever mentioned that. It was checked before I got the SG and ruled out.

kavan:

--- Quote from: tim06 on October 26, 2017, 01:07:30 PM ---Yes, but it is simply not possible to address this. I asked this multiple maxillofacial surgeons and they refused to do it.

--- End quote ---

Ya, I can see that it would be difficult for many max fax docs and also to find the few who could do. Member= 'Brazilian Jaw' shared an article of this nature. https://zeze.sci-hub.cc/135c43ccde4fa76fe829841dcca29c62/konopnicki2016.pdf
if you're interested.

tim06:

--- Quote from: kavan on October 26, 2017, 01:24:54 PM ---Ya, I can see that it would be difficult for many max fax docs and also to find the few who could do. Member= 'Brazilian Jaw' shared an article of this nature. https://zeze.sci-hub.cc/135c43ccde4fa76fe829841dcca29c62/konopnicki2016.pdf
if you're interested.

--- End quote ---

No you understood me wrong, they can do it, but will not do it for me. It is like amputing a healthy arm. If something goes wrong during the procedure they could loose their licence.
Also my upper jaw is already very wide forward, moving it even more forward with a BSSO would not result in a good aesthetic face.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version