General Category > Functional Surgery Questions

Things to do to avoid relapse?

<< < (2/2)

kavan:

--- Quote from: kavan on November 03, 2017, 11:12:39 AM ---Agree with XXXRyanXXX. Also with GJ about the foods and recovery.

Keep stabilization devices in for as long as possible which initially are braces. I believe there are other stabilization devices that can be put in daily (or nightly).  Most certainly, ask this question to your max fax as to which devices are aimed at long term stabilization.

--- End quote ---

I guess i should clarify that 'as long as possible' is length of time where they do good and don't do damage. 'As long as possible could be same time frame as 'as short as possible'. Long enough to do good but short enough to avoid damage. But I can't define the time period.

secondtimearound:
In my case relapse was due to them trying to accomplish too much orthodontically. If you expect to move the teeth massive amounts through orthodontics, and don't have a major amount of maxillary/mandibular bone within which the teeth can "set", you will end up with either relapse or gum recession as a consequence.

Surgeons need to aim to do most of the correction surgically, and just use orthodontics for small scale re-alignment.

The other type of relapse is where the bones themselves shift. Hope your surgeon secures your bone well with good hardware and don't do anything you shouldn't with food until it's well healed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version