General Category > Functional Surgery Questions

Feedback on proposed plan correction of LFS

<< < (3/3)

kavan:

--- Quote from: PloskoPlus on December 15, 2017, 06:18:05 PM ---The 1 for 3 mm  rule is what my surgeon told me as well and of course it's bulls**t. If you have a superflat op, you will get much less tooth show from advancement. Anyways, I'm still 2-3 mm short of ideal tooth show (I show none when taking, it's better when I smile due to the hyper mobile upper lip).

--- End quote ---

Yup. Basic concepts in geometry don't bear it out as a 'universal' rule. Could not possibly be true for all angles of inclination of the occlusal plane.

PloskoPlus:

--- Quote from: kavan on December 15, 2017, 08:34:01 PM ---Yup. Basic concepts in geometry don't bear it out as a 'universal' rule. Could not possibly be true for all angles of inclination of the occlusal plane.

--- End quote ---
Most surgeons consider it a job well done if your bite meshes.  They couldn't care less about aesthetic effects. If they say they do, it's usually bulls**t to get you into surgery. You know what they say, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. This is especially so regarding permanent numbness. I don't know what the normal lie is these days - "only 10%"?

kavan:

--- Quote from: PloskoPlus on December 15, 2017, 08:45:53 PM ---Most surgeons consider it a job well done if your bite meshes.  They couldn't care less about aesthetic effects. If they say they do, it's usually bulls**t to get you into surgery. You know what they say, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. This is especially so regarding permanent numbness. I don't know what the normal lie is these days - "only 10%"?

--- End quote ---

So true.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version