Author Topic: Advice on procedures  (Read 1313 times)

chan

Advice on procedures
« on: March 02, 2018, 02:35:28 AM »
Hi I want some advice on potential procedures I want to have performed and have attached some photos for reference. I am undergoing a rhinoplasty soon to upturn and deproject my nose and refine the tip. After that I want to get my undereye hollows and teartrough fixed, also add some cheek and zygo prpjection with a implant. My questions are it possible to widen my face slightly and does cheek augmentation affect mouth/lips area? Lastly I want to get Jaw implants to widen my jaw and suare my chin, but it might look weird with my downturned narrow lips, is there any procedure that can length them and upturn upper lip?

[attachment deleted by admin]

chan

Re: Advice on procedures
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 02:45:05 AM »

[attachment deleted by admin]

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 02:53:22 PM »
Next.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 05:54:12 PM »
Perhaps a Lower Lateral Cartilage repositioning procedure (complex type of rhino) to reduce the bulk to the tip and to undo some tethering the upper lip has to the nose area. your tip is bulky to the sides which sometimes indicates the lower lateral tip cartilage is angled up too far which gives the bulk so they angle that downwards to reduce the bulk where it shows high on the lateral tip. Other reduction techniques to remove or trim it too much can give a pinched tip.

Your upper lip is already upturned and does not need to be upturned more. Wider jaws will exaggerate the narrow lips. Cheek augmentation should not affect the mouth/lip area UNLESS the (infra-orbital) NERVE is somehow disturbed during the surgery as that nerve also 'rules' lip movement.

There is no need to widen your upper face as that will make your jaw to jaw distance look more narrow, yet if you widen your jaw to jaw distance to make it look less narrow, your lips will look more narrow to you. So, it's looking like rhinoplasty and maybe some filler to the lower eye area.

That is the extent of the PS advice I will give here given this is a jaw surgery board and it's not clear you are a candidate for maxfax.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 07:11:04 PM »
Get the best rhino surgeon money can buy and be prepared (psychologically and financially) for a revision... or 2. That's it.

CCW

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2018, 10:02:23 AM »
When did this become a plastic surgery board? This guy doesn't need jaw surgery.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2018, 02:54:02 PM »
CORRECT and thank you for pointing that out. Although I'm very knowledgeable in that venue, I make clear that there is only so much I'm going to expound on here because this IS a jaw surgery board and the guy is not a clear cut case for maxfax surgery.

When did this become a plastic surgery board? This guy doesn't need jaw surgery.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

chan

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2018, 07:20:09 PM »
Thank you for the advice. I am sorry for posting here as I was not aware that this section was strictly maxfac only. I will look into lower lateral cartilage repositioning as part of my rhinoplasty and will make sure to find the best surgeon I can.