Author Topic: Lower jaw extremely recessed (after braces correcting underbite). How to fix?  (Read 1161 times)

cnb16

I started using braces/retainers when I was around 12 or 13 to fix my underbite.
I'm almost done now and my teeth are on point but I recently noticed that my jawline is non-existent.

Here are 4 pictures of my jaw from age 13 to 19.
imgur.com/a/lYWfb

1. The first picture is of me at 13. My jaw looks completely normal.
2. Me at 15. My jaw is more receded that it was at 13 but better than it is now.
3. My jawline now at 19. Was taken a few weeks after pic 4 and my jaw looks slightly worse. I think it's because of slightly higher body fat % or different posture/angle.
4. My jawline now at 19.

I think I have looks potential (185cm/6'1", clear skin, perfect teeth, work out, decent face).
But my jawline is unbelievably bad. My face looks like a thumb/dickhead with my long neck and no jaw. Also my nose isn't great. But I think that's more noticeable because I have no jaw.

So.. what can I do? I really want to fix this asap.
People have mentioned sliding geneoplasty and double jaw surgery. The latter seems very invasive and I don't know if it is done for purely cosmetic reasons.
What about liposuction around the jaw? It would help a little bit, but I have a low body fat percentage so I don't know if it's viable.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

tim06

• Private
You are f**ked boyo

kavan

• Global Moderator
It looks like your underbite could have been from the maxilla being recessed and not actually the lower jaw being overly protrusive. So, the ortho, to get your 'bite rite' most likely elected to push your lower jaw backwards to match the recession to the maxilla.

So, if you wanted to reverse that, it would be braces again and bi max surgery to bring both the jaws more forward.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

haven

• Private
Don't listen to that Tim guy. You dont look terrible or doomed. You're an average looking guy. The best thing you could do for yourself right now is consider a different hair style. Outside of that it's up to you on what you want to do to your face. Don't go too extreme.

PloskoPlus

Do you snore?