Author Topic: Will doing upper jaw surgery make you look more asian?  (Read 3860 times)

Intevel

Re: Will doing upper jaw surgery make you look more asian?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2018, 07:12:52 PM »
I said I don’t want to look MORE asian cuz I read it could make your eyes smaller. I didn’t say I don’t wanna look asian. Just not more than I am. You seem to want me to want to look more asian.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2018, 07:17:53 PM »
They're avoiding it because it's a stupid question. Why are you afraid of looking Asian? I work in San Jose. I see Asians everywhere. It's not a big deal. Asians are rad. If you don't like having small eyes, there's probably surgery for that or you can wear thick glasses to make your eyes look bigger.

Correct.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Intevel

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2018, 01:50:27 AM »
Look I know why you guys aren't answering. you think I'm trying to bait you into talking about race.

But this is a real discussion, not a stupid one. I just want to know if my eyes are going to look smaller and squinty with the surgery. Does more symmetrical mean bigger looking eyes or smaller looking eyes?

haven

• Private
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2018, 07:33:59 AM »
I'm not afraid to talk about race. I'm saying you phrased your question poorly, and comes off as stupid which is probably why no one wants to answer. Why don't you walk into a doctors office and ask them if having surgery will make you look more Asian. They'll probabaly face palm. Even more if they're Asian themselves 😂

Intevel

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2018, 04:25:25 PM »
I'm not afraid to talk about race. I'm saying you phrased your question poorly, and comes off as stupid which is probably why no one wants to answer. Why don't you walk into a doctors office and ask them if having surgery will make you look more Asian. They'll probabaly face palm. Even more if they're Asian themselves 😂

Why would they face palm? Shouldn't the doctors know? Look, I'm not great with sarcasm all the time so if I'm missing something, spell it out for me.

Intevel

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2018, 04:27:21 PM »
This forum section is about AESTHETICS so I assume my question is in the right place. I just wanna know if this surgery causes your eyes to look smaller, therefore making you look more asian. It's an aesthetics question! Why is it a stupid question? I feel like I'm missing something here. I need things spelled out for me, I have a bit of ADD.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2018, 04:35:02 PM »
We need a section for LOW IQ questions.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

haven

• Private
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2018, 05:55:12 PM »
My guy. I'm saying you choose a poor way to title your question. Maybe something along the lines of "does upper jaw surgery have an effect on eye size" would have been more appropriate. Now whether or not people answer is up to them, but at least you'd probably avoid getting roasted by Kavan lmao.

Also, I fathom how you don't see the irony of asking an Asian surgeon if you'll look more Asian after surgery.  :-\

Intevel

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2018, 12:54:24 AM »
My guy. I'm saying you choose a poor way to title your question. Maybe something along the lines of "does upper jaw surgery have an effect on eye size" would have been more appropriate. Now whether or not people answer is up to them, but at least you'd probably avoid getting roasted by Kavan lmao.

Also, I fathom how you don't see the irony of asking an Asian surgeon if you'll look more Asian after surgery.  :-\

Well the doctor is asian actually, so maybe better to ask you guys.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2018, 04:03:31 AM »
It will have no effect on your eyes.

jawline

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2018, 04:27:08 AM »
You know the easier way would have been to just look at before and after pictures of upper jaw surgery or bimax. The eye shape doesn't change, i'm pretty sure the only way that would happen is if you had canthoplasty or canthopexy etc (i.e. something specifically done to the eye area).

Intevel

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2018, 03:15:38 AM »
It will have no effect on your eyes.

Wow. Well, they could have told me that all along.