Author Topic: Possible Revision to regain heart shaped face  (Read 699 times)

glennstanzalone

Possible Revision to regain heart shaped face
« on: April 10, 2018, 11:27:39 PM »
I had LFT 1 5mm impaction w BSSO 7mm advancement and CCW rotation August 2016. My surgeon warned me my face shape would change but I had no idea what he really meant. Bringing my lower jaw forward and up and impacting my upper jaw has thrown off the entire balance of my face. My face looks flat and wide where it used to just look long with a cute curve to my cheek and beautiful smile. I hate photos of myself now, I hate to smile. My nose and lower cheeks are awful, my smile is lopsided. I looks like I got stung by a bee too many times because of the soft tissue excess. I even had a face lift with fat transfer to my upper cheeks to try to bring my face into harmony again but I wasn't totally successful because my smile is still wonky and my face looks like its been squished. It helped but not enough. I feel like the surgery is the worst mistake of my life.

I'm wondering if I get a revision to my Lefort and CW rotation if I can regain my heart shaped chin/face shape. Or could I do a sliding genio and get the same effect? What is the right path?

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Possible Revision to regain heart shaped face
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 07:35:56 AM »
I had LFT 1 5mm impaction w BSSO 7mm advancement and CCW rotation August 2016. My surgeon warned me my face shape would change but I had no idea what he really meant. Bringing my lower jaw forward and up and impacting my upper jaw has thrown off the entire balance of my face. My face looks flat and wide where it used to just look long with a cute curve to my cheek and beautiful smile. I hate photos of myself now, I hate to smile. My nose and lower cheeks are awful, my smile is lopsided. I looks like I got stung by a bee too many times because of the soft tissue excess. I even had a face lift with fat transfer to my upper cheeks to try to bring my face into harmony again but I wasn't totally successful because my smile is still wonky and my face looks like its been squished. It helped but not enough. I feel like the surgery is the worst mistake of my life.

I'm wondering if I get a revision to my Lefort and CW rotation if I can regain my heart shaped chin/face shape. Or could I do a sliding genio and get the same effect? What is the right path?

How did this 'mistake' come about? Basically, why did you have the surgery.  From the displacements you mention, it sounds like you had gummy smile, convex profile and retrusive lower jaw.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

GJ

• Administrator
Re: Possible Revision to regain heart shaped face
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 08:12:37 AM »
In Korea they try to shave bone to create a heart shaped face. I've never seen good results that can be verified (everything I've seen appears photoshopped). We'd have to see photos of you to see if it's bad like you say.
Millimeters are miles on the face.