Author Topic: WE need to TALK ABOUT CHEEKBONES  (Read 18179 times)

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: WE need to TALK ABOUT CHEEKBONES
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2018, 09:11:29 PM »
Found an interesting youtube video that goes into some aspects of the eye orbit. I think he's a JSF and/or lookism follower, since I recognize a lot of the faces used as examples.  The channel may be of value too: youtube.com/watch?v=9kH15-u_hnM

Because I really want cheek implants to be more viable options, I'll briefly play devils advocate to what seems the general consensus here on cheek implants.  Albeit I'm still researching this as I have time, but if we're arguing implants look worse as you age, then why do old people also get facial implants and they look ok/normal? Implants maybe make you look better for longer since they provide additional scaffolding for the soft tissue as well.  Are there any examples on the web we could examine showing people with anatomical implants looking worse with age? Anatomical implants are fairly recent advancements, so you wouldn't see many old people with that off-the-shelf design from an implant surgery from the 80s or 90s.  Also, creating custom implants based on a CT scan model of your skull is also fairly new technology, no?  I would imagine that modest sized, CT-scan customized facial implants, designed with facial aging in mind, would remain natural looking throughout ones life (except maybe when the skull really loses mass like age 50+).  Easier said than done but maybe some doctors out there know how to achieve that outcome with custom implants. Maybe?

I think I might need a brain implant to address your question. I'm not sure how it relates to my statement you quoted.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

ditterbo

« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2018, 06:02:56 AM »
Yep that's what I get for rushing. Disregard the quote.

surgeryadvice

« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2018, 09:39:11 PM »
Cheekbones are difficult to correctly assess, even in person. I have consulted with a few plastic surgeons and I have been told that I have good-great cheekbones. I strongly disagree. Cheekbones (like any bone really) are 3 dimensional so they should be looked at from every angle. From the front I appear to have hollow cheeks (because I'm skinny) but from the side and from the 3/4 angle there are a number of issues. 1. My cheekbones are very low. I think an important aspect of 'good' cheekbones is that they're relatively high. 2. They lack forward projection and width. 3. They're far too small in size.

Keys to 'good' cheekbones are shape (angular, flanged), height, size/robustness, and width.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 09:50:37 PM by surgeryadvice »

SKV2

« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2018, 09:56:35 PM »
so it seems current best bet is a modified version of the lefort 3 with sinn, wolford, or obwegeser to fix the lateral issue??? and then probably silicone custom implant over the whole zygoma, malar, and infra zone if u need further lateral projection + horizontal. then just sit around and wait for epibone and xilloc .

zso results i saw in person on zarinbals laptop were.. meh. chin wings were quite impressive ill say that, but zso just added like a little bulge, really not life quality / value altering stuff =/ . so implants r gonna be necessary assuming ur issue isnt exclusively recession.

someone told me medpor cant even be used in custom zygo implants.. is this true??? i spoke to someone who had custom silicone ones placed in, 4mm was max projection of the implant, covered entire zygo area, malar, and infra i think, and wrapped around over the whole arch . he told me medpor is a no go when it comes to this, wanted to confirm. i assume titanium is no bueno too? someone in belgium does titanium implants but ive only seen it for mandible and chin. assuming this is all tru then yeah ill probably just suck it up and go full silicone and wait for bone.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2018, 10:55:00 PM »
so it seems current best bet is a modified version of the lefort 3 with sinn, wolford, or obwegeser to fix the lateral issue??? and then probably silicone custom implant over the whole zygoma, malar, and infra zone if u need further lateral projection + horizontal. then just sit around and wait for epibone and xilloc .

zso results i saw in person on zarinbals laptop were.. meh. chin wings were quite impressive ill say that, but zso just added like a little bulge, really not life quality / value altering stuff =/ . so implants r gonna be necessary assuming ur issue isnt exclusively recession.

someone told me medpor cant even be used in custom zygo implants.. is this true??? i spoke to someone who had custom silicone ones placed in, 4mm was max projection of the implant, covered entire zygo area, malar, and infra i think, and wrapped around over the whole arch . he told me medpor is a no go when it comes to this, wanted to confirm. i assume titanium is no bueno too? someone in belgium does titanium implants but ive only seen it for mandible and chin. assuming this is all tru then yeah ill probably just suck it up and go full silicone and wait for bone.

i've heard its possible to get 2 ZSO's spaced out for more of a gain? But even one requires a bone graft from hip so does that mean you'd need another bone graft again? I suppose so.

The one result I once saw of Mommaerts' zygomatic sandwich osteotomy was awesome. But everyone says he's a quack and he's f**ked up several on this board so i guess he's a no go.

SKV2

« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2018, 11:01:32 PM »
i've heard its possible to get 2 ZSO's spaced out for more of a gain? But even one requires a bone graft from hip so does that mean you'd need another bone graft again? I suppose so.

The one result I once saw of Mommaerts' zygomatic sandwich osteotomy was awesome. But everyone says he's a quack and he's f**ked up several on this board so i guess he's a no go.

ya u can do 2 rounds of both zso and chin wing as per what dr z told me when i met with him, spaced out since nerves. and yeah i assume it would be the same, using bone from i think iliac crest as butress .

yeah its weird tbh, mommaerts used to be held in high regard then it felt like overnight his name became the "butcher of brussels " lmfao, and that was that. ive never met him or seen his work so cant comment.