Author Topic: Is Bio Oss suitable for minor augmentation?  (Read 1245 times)

Melalb

• Private
Is Bio Oss suitable for minor augmentation?
« on: April 26, 2018, 12:10:03 AM »
Hi all,

I have been researching zygomatic osteotomies at the moment. Have consulted with Brusco and Zarrinbal PAs via phone and they advised that both surgeons use this material in addition to their osteotomies.

Does anyone had any experience with this material for minor augmentation ?

Thank you

Lestat

Re: Is Bio Oss suitable for minor augmentation?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 11:08:15 AM »
Hi all,

I have been researching zygomatic osteotomies at the moment. Have consulted with Brusco and Zarrinbal PAs via phone and they advised that both surgeons use this material in addition to their osteotomies.

Does anyone had any experience with this material for minor augmentation ?

Thank you

I think Bio Oss is suitable for filling the gap. It is not really suitable for augmentation. But why didnt you ask them that?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 12:03:13 PM »
I think Bio Oss is suitable for filling the gap. It is not really suitable for augmentation. But why didnt you ask them that?

GOOD POINT! It appears that the OP might be consulting about a procedure where the material is mainly used to buttress the bone cuts/separation but not one where the material is used, in a non bone cutting procedure, as an overlay to the cheek bones.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 05:27:47 PM »
yeah let us know what you find out!!!

I've seen Brusco's results of just ZSO they're pretty average --nothing spectactular.

Ask if he is doing what is called the Zygomatic sandwich osteotomy --google it its developed
in a paper by Mommaerts.

Melalb

• Private
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 09:35:28 PM »
Thanks. I did ask however they could not elaborate in which manner the material is used exactly. I would need to ask the surgeons to find out more about the specifics.They are both yet to answer my emails so I might know more than or during consults if I decide to fly to Europe for surgery.

Melalb

• Private
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 10:21:01 PM »
yeah let us know what you find out!!!

I've seen Brusco's results of just ZSO they're pretty average --nothing spectactular.

Ask if he is doing what is called the Zygomatic sandwich osteotomy --google it its developed
in a paper by Mommaerts.

Thanks. I will look into it and ask them if I decide to go for surgery to Europe. I need it mostly for anterior definition but realise that there are mixed opinions about what the procedure can achieve in term of anterior projection ( the general consensus seems to be that it's only good for the width?)Hence I was curious to find out more about Bio Oss to see if it could be used as an onlay for areas that cannot be addressed by ZSO.

I don't need a spectacular result. As long as it gives me a noticeable improvement I will be satisfied.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2018, 08:09:30 PM »
Thanks. I will look into it and ask them if I decide to go for surgery to Europe. I need it mostly for anterior definition but realise that there are mixed opinions about what the procedure can achieve in term of anterior projection ( the general consensus seems to be that it's only good for the width?)Hence I was curious to find out more about Bio Oss to see if it could be used as an onlay for areas that cannot be addressed by ZSO.

I don't need a spectacular result. As long as it gives me a noticeable improvement I will be satisfied.
They use it as a bone gap graft when hinging out the zygoma.  Triaca said ZSO provides no anterior projection, only lateral.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2018, 09:07:02 PM »
They use it as a bone gap graft when hinging out the zygoma.  Triaca said ZSO provides no anterior projection, only lateral.

who the f**k wants lateral projection? Can one of you jiggas please post some pics!

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2018, 10:40:58 PM »
who the f**k wants lateral projection? Can one of you jiggas please post some pics!

Aliens.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.