Author Topic: What could be done aesthetically?  (Read 4560 times)

improvedchin

What could be done aesthetically?
« on: July 17, 2018, 09:10:40 PM »
Long story short, I have a weak jawline from profile view even though I am a thin person. My face also looks very wide from certain angles, so it looks like a big round face. I've had a sliding genioplasty done and was advanced 7mm. I've also had my buccal pads removed. I look pretty hollow sometimes, but I don't think I look that angular and I also have some problems with my face lacking definition.

Here are some photos. Anyone have any advice as to what could be done to help improve the overall appearance while maybe adding some angularity and reducing the wideness? I am not interested in implants.

https://imgur.com/a/UnyIqpl
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 09:22:52 PM by improvedchin »

strongjawman

Re: What could be done aesthetically?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 05:20:06 AM »
Your face doesn't look wide to me.

What is your bite like? You are asking purely for aesthetic reasons? You should consult with a surgeon and see what they say.

Bimax for purely aesthetic reasons is dangerous and drastic; it's a cost-benefit ratio.

Did you have all of your buccal fat removed?? How much did you pay and who did it?

You look normal man, honestly, even above average. Don't go down this route if you don't have to.

improvedchin

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 08:16:23 AM »
I've had aligners for a few years so my bite is pretty good. My teeth are still crooked in some ways but I was planning on addressing that later.

I had all my buccal fat removed years back thinking that I could get a more chiseled look. In some angles, my cheeks are very hollow and I have that depth between my cheek bones and jawline, so I guess that's a plus? My only issue is I have to maintain a really low body weight to not look wide in the face. Hard to explain, but I would say the contour in my face is pretty good even at higher weights, but the width and lack of angularity of the outline / frame is not. I'm guessing it's because I have very wide cheekbones. Not sure if this is something people commonly correct.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 10:33:16 AM »
Why is your skin is flawless in some photos but in the other it is not? In the event the middle pic is the accurate one regarding skin condition, I would prioritize skin care/improvement (via cosmetic derm things) over angularity.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

improvedchin

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 11:38:38 AM »
My skin sucks because of years of terrible acne throughout my teen years. I even get occasional pimples now, though not nearly as bad as before. The scars are difficult to deal with. Many doctors have told me that I should be careful with treatment since hyper pigmentation can be possible. Does anyone have any suggestions?

haven

• Private
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 12:26:22 PM »
Your face doesn't look wide. If anything it looks narrow due to the angle of your jaws, but that's not a bad thing. It's a growth pattern seen in a lot of people. I obviously dont know what you looked like prior to your genioplasty, but you look normal in the provided pictures. I see no reason why you should feel the need for surgey where it's not warranted.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 03:20:27 PM »
buccal fat pad removal is one of the worst aesthetic procedures there is. in fact it should be banned. it never leads to definition but just to an atrophied hollow look that looks terrible.

anyway you look fine. Nothing can be done aesthetically to improve you except to improve your skin texture. Have you tried dermabrasion or juverderm injections etc. to refine your acne scars?

I have them pretty bad too so I empathize brah.

strongjawman

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2018, 07:22:49 PM »
buccal fat pad removal is one of the worst aesthetic procedures there is. in fact it should be banned. it never leads to definition but just to an atrophied hollow look that looks terrible.

anyway you look fine. Nothing can be done aesthetically to improve you except to improve your skin texture. Have you tried dermabrasion or juverderm injections etc. to refine your acne scars?

I have them pretty bad too so I empathize brah.

I've been thinking of unilateral buccal fat removal, but not the entire fat pad, and only because one side of my face is thinner than the other. Will look into fat grafts too.

Have you tried dermarolling with microneedles and also skin peels? I read recently that dermarolling can increase collagen production and help even out scars, skin peels too. Also looking into retinol A. Dont even have bad skin just trying to delay the aging process and look young enough to bang prime poose for as long as possible lol

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 11:48:35 PM »
buccal fat pad removal is one of the worst aesthetic procedures there is.

Did you have it done?
I remember that guy "Jay"(?) had it done with Arnett years ago and hated the result. Claimed it ruined his face. He never posted a photo, though.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2018, 09:56:17 AM »
Did you have it done?
I remember that guy "Jay"(?) had it done with Arnett years ago and hated the result. Claimed it ruined his face. He never posted a photo, though.

yup, got talked into doing it. something i need to get reversed big time.

strongjawman

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2018, 09:59:42 AM »
Every before and after of buccal fat removal I've seen you can barely see the difference; is it really that noticeable in real life?

improvedchin

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2018, 12:01:51 PM »
Microdermabrasion, does it work well for acne scars? I have deep acne scars. I'm honestly not sure what treatment to undergo for this.

I think my face isn't wide as it is, but when I gain even a little bit of weight it looks a lot wider or chubbier. I'll try to get a picture of it when I was heavier. I'm really skinny right now so my face looks thin, but I'm wondering how I could maintain a slightly higher weight while keeping the slim face. One doctor mentioned I could reduce my cheekbones a bit. I do think that I have huge cheekbones especially compared to my jaw. Any opinions?

CCW

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2018, 01:53:34 PM »
Microdermabrasion, does it work well for acne scars? I have deep acne scars. I'm honestly not sure what treatment to undergo for this.

I think my face isn't wide as it is, but when I gain even a little bit of weight it looks a lot wider or chubbier. I'll try to get a picture of it when I was heavier. I'm really skinny right now so my face looks thin, but I'm wondering how I could maintain a slightly higher weight while keeping the slim face. One doctor mentioned I could reduce my cheekbones a bit. I do think that I have huge cheekbones especially compared to my jaw. Any opinions?
Only laser resurfacing and chemical peels work for acne scars, and usually several rounds of treatment is needed. Many doctors don't like chemical peels because they're considered unpredictable. You can also get filler. Microdermabrasion is too mild for acne scars, and it's used to improve the overall look, feel and tone of the skin.

Perlkrys

• Private
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2018, 02:05:09 PM »
Only laser resurfacing and chemical peels work for acne scars, and usually several rounds of treatment is needed. Many doctors don't like chemical peels because they're considered unpredictable. You can also get filler. Microdermabrasion is too mild for acne scars, and it's used to improve the overall look, feel and tone of the skin.

Second this. A friend did laser resurfacing and the results were significant.

strongjawman

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2018, 02:07:41 PM »

Get jacked and maintain low body fat. Increase the size of your neck, traps and shoulders. Basically start lifting.