Author Topic: Would I benefit from Jaw Surgery?  (Read 3746 times)

Austinou88

Would I benefit from Jaw Surgery?
« on: August 11, 2018, 07:39:15 PM »
Would it would worth getting a Bimax or jaw surgery?

Do you think it would provided any kind of benefit outcome in general?

https://imgur.com/a/dsO1Dlk

So far I've put down on my list to look into:

1. Some kind of Eye surgery.

2. Eyebrow Transplant Surgery for darker eye brows.

3. Jaw surgery?

4. Hair Transplant & Hairline Lowering?

april

• Private
Re: Would I benefit from Jaw Surgery?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 11:04:09 PM »

2. Eyebrow Transplant Surgery for darker eye brows.

You could just get your brows tinted.

And if that's not enough then do microblading.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 07:36:59 PM »
The only thing that 'sticks out' to my eye is your ears. If they were somewhat closer to your head (otoplasty), it could help make the eyes look less close set.

Note: I'm not offering to recommend doctors, inform all about any procedure I suggest, act as 'coach' etc in any extension of making a suggestion.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

strongjawman

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 03:50:41 AM »
Do you have severe body dysmorphia? You look completely normal. Symmetrical, hairline looks fine right now. It's up to you man, I think you look good.

Dogmatix

• Private
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 06:34:11 AM »
Do you have severe body dysmorphia? You look completely normal. Symmetrical, hairline looks fine right now. It's up to you man, I think you look good.

Agree. Wouldn't recommend any surgery until you atleast know what's actually bothering you. It seems like you're just throwing some procedures out hoping to get a catch.

*some kind of eye surgery*. Sure, go ahead and have some kind of eye surgery  :o

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 05:52:12 PM »
A recent search on the OP's posting history reveals he's ALREADY had advice as to jaw surgery and may have consulted with Gunson, done a 'TON' of research on eyebrow transplants as to know who's who in that realm, had a successful rhinoplasty with a top rhino guy and most recently has plenty of input here as to his eyes and also some input on RealSelf from Taban (not on orbital box osteo or making his eyes wider but on something else that could be done with them). If he wants to know if he would look better with darker brows, all he has to do is play around with brow pencil makeup in the privacy of his own bathroom mirror because he's already done his research on who does eyebrow transplants.

No idea why the presentation here gives appearance he didn't already get advice on here about jaw surgery and/or already garner info on some of the other things he's asking about.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

XXRyanXXL

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2018, 05:07:18 PM »
lower jaw advancement, I can see in the below photograph some deficiency of underdeveloped jaw.

RedFountain

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2018, 07:07:52 AM »
Yeah, you do look normal. Your hairline is fine, your eyebrows are fine as they match the rest of your face. You need to get your ass in the gym to raise your T levels and get some fire and spirit in your eyes (as opposed to the sad and sorry look you're sporting now)

You do have a smallish and receding lower jaw, so if you're willing to undergo jaw surgery (which is no f**king joke), you need to find a surgeon that does CCW rotation to maximize the anterior projection of your lower face. Below is a quick morph of what bimax+chin wing could look like

haven

• Private
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2018, 08:16:18 AM »
I don't see anything wrong with you. Your chin looks a bit receeded, but it's nothing detrimental Imo. Try growing out a beard and see how that looks on you.

With the morph above you could probably get a similar result with a genioplasty that added a bit of projection and vertical height. I honestly wouldnt allow anyone to operate on my eyes. Outside of maybe Lasik, but I like wearing glasses. Definitely tread carefully.

Dogmatix

• Private
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2018, 06:30:00 PM »
Below is a quick morph of what bimax+chin wing could look like

Just have to ask. How can you tell a bimax + chin wing is needed for that result and e.g not just a bimax?

RedFountain

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2018, 02:37:04 AM »
Just have to ask. How can you tell a bimax + chin wing is needed for that result and e.g not just a bimax?

Fair question. Without xrays we obviously can't tell what would be needed for optimal results.

I did lower the ramus in the morph, which a Bimax doesn't do. Looking at his front view, his lower third is lacking in width, which a chin wing could take care of.

Austinou88

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2018, 07:52:33 PM »
The only thing that 'sticks out' to my eye is your ears. If they were somewhat closer to your head (otoplasty), it could help make the eyes look less close set.

Note: I'm not offering to recommend doctors, inform all about any procedure I suggest, act as 'coach' etc in any extension of making a suggestion.

Looking through several different Octoplasty before and after results online I did notice that patients eyes changed somewhat.
I think I'll consider looking into it.

Appreciate the suggestion.

Austinou88

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2018, 08:00:32 PM »

Appreciate the feedback.
I don't have BDD, I've just been looking for areas that could me improved.

I definitely would never jump into anything I haven't spent a lot of time doing research on.
And wouldn't just choose any random surgeon if I had it done.

Austinou88

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2018, 08:17:10 PM »
Agree. Wouldn't recommend any surgery until you atleast know what's actually bothering you. It seems like you're just throwing some procedures out hoping to get a catch.

*some kind of eye surgery*. Sure, go ahead and have some kind of eye surgery  :o

As far as some kind of eye surgery, was really just trying to say am still looking into what's out there. (was planning on getting a consultation from Taban and possibly a craniofacial surgeon such as Wolfe to see if if improvement is even possible)

This list that I put together was based on things I'd like to try to have improved.
I spent a lot of time on researching each procedure, as well as finding doctors who specialize in each area.

Eyebrow Hair Transplant (specifically the Eyebrow transplant with FUE method)
Jaw Surgery (get a consultation from Arnett & Gunson, and another doctor who's in LA that's almost as good and charges less)
Hair Transplant & Hairline Lowering (was planning to get a consultation from either Dauer or Epenstein to get their opinion)

Austinou88

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2018, 08:26:33 PM »
A recent search on the OP's posting history reveals he's ALREADY had advice as to jaw surgery and may have consulted with Gunson, done a 'TON' of research on eyebrow transplants as to know who's who in that realm, had a successful rhinoplasty with a top rhino guy and most recently has plenty of input here as to his eyes and also some input on RealSelf from Taban (not on orbital box osteo or making his eyes wider but on something else that could be done with them). If he wants to know if he would look better with darker brows, all he has to do is play around with brow pencil makeup in the privacy of his own bathroom mirror because he's already done his research on who does eyebrow transplants.

No idea why the presentation here gives appearance he didn't already get advice on here about jaw surgery and/or already garner info on some of the other things he's asking about.

Sorry if I'm asking questions similar to some of my past posts, was not my intention.
I'm just getting back from a 9 month deployment and was trying to wrap everything up and put out a list I've considered into a new topic, based on my research and past posts.