Author Topic: [Surgery suggestion] What can I do? Jaw Issues  (Read 754 times)

pleaseApproveOfMe

[Surgery suggestion] What can I do? Jaw Issues
« on: August 21, 2018, 05:49:06 PM »
I apologize for the photos, which were taken on my computer. If the quality isn't good enough just let me know, and I'll see what I can do.

I included one picture of the entire face, and three of the profile angle. I don't mind how I look when I'm facing forward - my cheekbones can probably be a bit better but it doesn't bother me that much. My real issue is with the other 3 profile pictures. It appears that I don't have a jaw and, I've been told that I have a recessed chin. Some kind of jaw/chin surgery I think would improve my aesthetics. Do you have any recommendations on what surgeries would be a good fit for me? As well as good surgeons to perform that surgery. Money isn't an issue for me.

Thanks in advance! Really appreciate the advice!

https://imgur.com/a/d0WnrZS

haven

• Private
Re: [Surgery suggestion] What can I do? Jaw Issues
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 07:19:01 PM »
IMO you look fine. You have a bit of a double chin, which could go away with losing some weight. I don't think your chin is horribly recessed nor detrimental to your appearance. If you got a genioplasty it would likely help flatten your submental region a bit and of course provide an improvement. I don't know about jaw surgery, especially if you don't have any issues. Go see some surgeons.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 07:52:44 PM »
Do you have to make an effort to close your lips?

pleaseApproveOfMe

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 06:40:09 AM »
IMO you look fine. You have a bit of a double chin, which could go away with losing some weight. I don't think your chin is horribly recessed nor detrimental to your appearance. If you got a genioplasty it would likely help flatten your submental region a bit and of course provide an improvement. I don't know about jaw surgery, especially if you don't have any issues. Go see some surgeons.

Thanks! I appreciate the response. What are some good surgeons to go to for aesthetics reasons? I went to see a plastic surgeon once, and I felt like I had to tell him what I wanted done. I'd prefer to go to someone who can look at my bone structure and tell me what I need or what he thinks he can do from an aesthetics point of view.

Do you have to make an effort to close your lips?

That's interesting that you ask. I used to be a mouth breather, but when people pointed it out, I made a conscience effort to close my mouth. Nowadays, it seems like I've 'trained' myself to close my mouth at all times. Why do you ask?

haven

• Private
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 07:37:37 AM »
Thanks! I appreciate the response. What are some good surgeons to go to for aesthetics reasons? I went to see a plastic surgeon once, and I felt like I had to tell him what I wanted done. I'd prefer to go to someone who can look at my bone structure and tell me what I need or what he thinks he can do from an aesthetics point of view.

That's interesting that you ask. I used to be a mouth breather, but when people pointed it out, I made a conscience effort to close my mouth. Nowadays, it seems like I've 'trained' myself to close my mouth at all times. Why do you ask?

I think think you're always expected to tell the surgeon why you're consulting with them. Maybe you shouldnt compare your self to others as a start. With that said,, start by bringing up a chin implant or genioplasty if you're adamant about "correcting" it. Your double chin could dissappear by losing some weight. I'll repeat and say you look fine to me. Maybe post a ceph to see your bone structure.

I didn't notice the lip thing but a sliding genioplasty could help with that while also improving a more forward chin.

I wouldnt do implants. I've spoken to a few oral surgeons and they said they usually see young people having them removed for any number of reasons.

ForeverAloneDude

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2018, 09:46:15 AM »
You look good bro. Your main issue is your lower third, which you can maybe improve with jaw implants etc. You don't seem to have much maxillomandibular recession but your chin does seem recessed, but the jaw + chin wraparound implant could fix that.

I also noticed you said you wouldn't do implants, but without it, you can't really improve your lower third that much. Maybe you can do a genioplasty and subsequent chin wings if you want to stay "natty."
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 11:17:50 AM by ForeverAloneDude »