Author Topic: Had chinwing yesterday, have the feeling it's WAY too big  (Read 23041 times)

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Had chinwing yesterday, have the feeling it's WAY too big
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2018, 09:03:17 PM »
I think you underestimate implants, with all due respect. Quite alot of force needs to be used to place them underneath the masseters. Also, it takes a long time to heal because of the silicone between skin and bone. With osteotomy this is not the case. There is no silicone, that diminishes good bloodsupply. When bloodsupply is less, the healing takes longer and there is probably more swelling as well.

Good. Have your freak out WITHOUT my feedback.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

ben from UK

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2018, 07:35:26 AM »
Good. Have your freak out WITHOUT my feedback.

There's really no need to be rude. I have done both procedures and i can tell 6 days post op that the swelling with custom wrap around implants was way more. I don't know why that was, but it could be because of bloodsupply or the fact more skin had to be detached.

At the moment, quite some swelling seems to be gone. I walk around with a weird long face, additional asymmetry and overall a strange overdone look. Some more swelling will be gone the next week, but my intuition says this won't end well. I may be wrong and i hope so. But if i'm not it is what it is. I have been offered a free revision already if the results don't satisfy me, but i'm afraid new damage has been done to my skin and tissue. I wish i could say something positive.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2018, 08:07:51 AM »
I meant what I said: Good. Have your freak out WITHOUT my feedback.

Polite translation= I'm electing to IGNORE, not waste any more time and attention to your ruminations about swelling. Seek attention from OTHERS. I'm DONE with it.

ben from UK

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2018, 05:53:03 AM »
Results untill now:

- Face is too square
- Bit of banana shape
- More rounded jawangles
- Lost V-line

Not happy with the result unfortunately. I'm aiming for a revision atm, even though there is still some swelling. But the overall structure is still not good.

The procedure, in my case, doesn't seem superior to implants. The only difference is that implants look a bit more fake and can bloat up your face if there's too much width. I heard from someone some people that done CW got a banana look. Pretty killling for your looks. I think it's always better to do less instead of too much, unless you have extreme overbite or very high jaw angle.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 06:05:03 AM by ben from UK »

ben from UK

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2018, 07:12:53 AM »
The swelling reduced alot today compared to yesterday. I am 17 days post op. The surgeon says i have to wait till the end of recovery process. I had several bad implants before, so I am more stressed about the potential results.

schrodinger

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2018, 08:14:39 AM »
Yeah there's definitely lot of change still the first year. Took me well over a year to see the first result. It didn't give me width, not that I notice. It did give me some drop down. Banana shape and rounded jaw angle: you are not the first to mention but I think that also depend on how much it was moved forward?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2018, 08:26:13 AM »
Yeah there's definitely lot of change still the first year. Took me well over a year to see the first result. It didn't give me width, not that I notice. It did give me some drop down. Banana shape and rounded jaw angle: you are not the first to mention but I think that also depend on how much it was moved forward?

The history of your posts reveals you made arguments against having the chin wing. Can you tell me what made you change your mind in favor of it?

schrodinger

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2018, 08:36:30 AM »
The history of your posts reveals you made arguments against having the chin wing. Can you tell me what made you change your mind in favor of it?

Very simple: I didnt' want implants after all. And the doctor said the worries I had were things he could prevent in surgery.

ben from UK

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2018, 09:06:06 AM »
Hi Schrodinger. In private messages you said you saw a good change until 7 months. But after that - maybe because of resorption or residual swelling - you didn't see much change and was left with asymmetry. Now you say it took more than a year to see results. Could you explain please?

schrodinger

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2018, 09:21:30 AM »
What I mean to say is that you should see changes for a very long time. After 7 months the width of my jaw didn't change much anymore I feel. So it took approximately 7 months to see what jaw width I was ending up with.
But there were still a lot of other changes: refinement, swelling on the jawline and chin resorbing showing details. So there was definitely still change yeah, and even up to a year or longer.
You must not sweat now already is what I say: it is way too early to sweat only a few weeks after surgery. You can judge nothing  yet.

schrodinger

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2018, 09:34:21 AM »
As to assymmetry: I think any osteotomy or implant can put emphasis on already existing asymmetry. The point is: you don't see that assymmetry much until it is emphasized when you make the bone bigger with an implant or osteotomy. It is the augmenting that emphasizes asymmetry you already have is what I believe.

ben from UK

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2018, 09:37:12 AM »
Hi Schrodinger, am i right by saying you wanted horizontal width, but by dropping down the lower border of the jaw, it didn't give more width? Maybe you should have had some sidewing as well (if that's even possible). My question is also: when you drop the lower boarder, the area that had no bone, is now 'filled' with bone, if you understand what i mean. So the empty space underneath your original jaw angle has bone now. So it must be broader at that level, right? But not at the upper level?

schrodinger

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2018, 09:43:35 AM »
What about contact sports btw: I still feel some worries when I play soccer or do any contact sport. Others have it too?

Lestat

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2018, 10:51:23 AM »
So there was definitely still change yeah, and even up to a year or longer.

I do not believe that. How could something like that be possible? ::)

schrodinger

« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2018, 11:16:52 AM »
I do not believe that. How could something like that be possible? ::)

Your problem. Get it done yourself and see for yourself because it can be different for you. Everyone have different tissue reponses and heals at different speed. For me the finest details were getting visible after more than a year. I can see it in my images also.