Author Topic: Wisdom teeth extraction & facial growth  (Read 1045 times)

beyondconfusedtbh

Wisdom teeth extraction & facial growth
« on: September 09, 2018, 03:15:02 AM »
There's anecdotal evidence on the internet that wisdom teeth removal is detrimental to normal facial growth patterns. Unlike other extractions (such as premolars during early teens) there's very little real evidence to back this up other than scaremongering from those in Mike Mew's camp.

So to anyone who's had wisdom teeth removal, have you noticed any changes that seem to support these claims?

I'm aware that this procedure is commonly performed as a precursor to bi-max, so does this mean you risk permanently altering the way the rest of your face ages?

ben from UK

Re: Wisdom teeth extraction & facial growth
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 07:17:45 AM »
There's anecdotal evidence on the internet that wisdom teeth removal is detrimental to normal facial growth patterns. Unlike other extractions (such as premolars during early teens) there's very little real evidence to back this up other than scaremongering from those in Mike Mew's camp.

So to anyone who's had wisdom teeth removal, have you noticed any changes that seem to support these claims?

I'm aware that this procedure is commonly performed as a precursor to bi-max, so does this mean you risk permanently altering the way the rest of your face ages?

So many people had there wisdom teath exctracted. It should not have any influence on the shape of the face. I think this is just a myth going around on the net or people exaggerating the impact.

greg573

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 09:10:42 AM »
Had my wisdom teeth removed a few years ago. Really didn't need to but insurance covered it. Notice no difference.

Lefortitude

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 05:57:29 PM »
i noticed a difference. I brought it up with Dr z and he said he often sees cases who have had problems after extraction therapy

beyondconfusedtbh

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 09:22:54 AM »
i noticed a difference. I brought it up with Dr z and he said he often sees cases who have had problems after extraction therapy

what did you notice? & what kind of problems? I assume this is referring to standalone extractions, not those serving as a precursor to jaw surgery