Author Topic: Marginal Mandibular Nerve Damage (Lip Droop)  (Read 2314 times)

ghiggson90

• Private
Marginal Mandibular Nerve Damage (Lip Droop)
« on: October 08, 2018, 02:55:48 PM »
Anyone else on here experience a lip droop or tugging sensation on one side of their lips post-op, as well as smile asymmetry? I understand this is due to damage to the marginal mandibular branch of the facial nerve. If so, did it recover, and how long did that take? I am 4 months post-op and still dealing with this issue.

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Marginal Mandibular Nerve Damage (Lip Droop)
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 04:22:26 PM »
Anyone else on here experience a lip droop or tugging sensation on one side of their lips post-op, as well as smile asymmetry? I understand this is due to damage to the marginal mandibular branch of the facial nerve. If so, did it recover, and how long did that take? I am 4 months post-op and still dealing with this issue.

Yeah I have it a bit. I find the sensation more bothersome. And even though most of the time I don't notice it, sometimes I do.

I'm sure there probably exist certain therapies either exercises, massage, nerve stimulation through lasers or electrostimulation, or even enzymes ,therapies etc. that would/will cure this. We just have to find the right people.