Author Topic: Wisdom teeth and Jaw Surgery  (Read 727 times)

toddstratt

Wisdom teeth and Jaw Surgery
« on: November 05, 2018, 02:01:38 AM »
Is it possible to keep my wisdom teeth if I get my corrective jaw surgery? I was told by my dentist that I should get them removed as there is not enough room in my mouth to fit them. I am 28 years old so it won't grow anymore either, I still have all 4 wisdom teeth but if possible I wanted to see if I could avoid removing them. I have an overbite, overjet, and narrow palate. But I believe with jaw surgery and braces I should be able to attain the extra space needed to keep them. Does anyone know if wisdom teeth removal is a pre req for jaw surgery? I required both upper and lower jaw surgery for my issues. I posted about that on another recent thread in this section. Thanks for any info or tips.

Ivano95

• Private
Re: Wisdom teeth and Jaw Surgery
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 11:37:25 PM »
The only method I can think of to prevent wisdom teeth removal would be to grow your jaw using IMDO distraction.
Contact profilosurgical and set up a consult with paul coceancig and ask if this method would work in your case. From what Iv read, they use this method so that they dont take out any teeth, specially wisdom teeth. If they tell you that IMDO wouldnt work for what you want, then your wisdom teeth have to go unfortunately.