Author Topic: I seem to have an infection? How can I solve it?  (Read 728 times)

ben from UK

I seem to have an infection? How can I solve it?
« on: November 27, 2018, 09:15:18 PM »
So, i have surgery in about 6-7 weeks, but I seem to have an infection on the inside of my right cheek, near the masseter. After my last surgery the surgeon said the wound didn't fully closed (there was still a small hole). It's probably due to the wound not closing that the tissue is a bit thick or inflamated on the inside and it seems to get worse with pain and itching. Thing is, I have a silicone chinimplant but the problem is not there, but near masseter, where my previous jawimplants have been taken out. I take antibiotics but they don't seem to work.

Maybe there was something left behind in previous surgeries? Part of a stitch or a shaved down small piece of an implant, that is now burried under the skin or masseter? Cause I don't know why it should be infected otherwise. Or maybe if fully closing the wound, there won't be any problems. One of the surgeons I saw about this said it wasn't 'a real' infection, more of an inflamation. But now it seems to get worse. I really need to fix the flaws caused by previous surgeries with the next surgery, and a peek implant is one of the options. Could it be visible on a ct scan if something small like a stitch or very small part of a shaved implant is still there, and could it be taken out during the same surgery?

Thanks in advance!

ghiggson90

• Private
Re: I seem to have an infection? How can I solve it?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 05:50:42 AM »
Can you elaborate on your symptoms? According to medical literature, most commin symptoms of an infection are swelling, redness, tenderness, chemosis, discharge, etc. It’s possible there is a foreign body enabling infection, but without going back in it will be tough to know. An MRI would probably be the way to go to get the clearest pocture of what’s in there.

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: I seem to have an infection? How can I solve it?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 08:42:41 AM »
Seek advice from your primary care physician.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.