Author Topic: Good surgeons that do ccw on the east coast, preferably the NY area  (Read 1460 times)

tdawg

• Private
Anyone know of surgeons good at correcting class 2 VME/ling face syndrome patients with CCW(even better if they are known to do revisions) in the NY area(or at least the east coast)? Also dont say NYCOMS.

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Good surgeons that do ccw on the east coast, preferably the NY area
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 07:12:47 PM »
Class 2 VME is one of the more straight forward thing for them to correct because the CCW is anterior impaction (as opposed to posterior downgraft which is the more challenging CCW as it requires downgraft.) So, you have more options than you would if you needed a large posterior downgraft.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

tdawg

• Private
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 12:12:26 AM »
Well I already had an anterior impaction, and I still have an open bite, a lot of lip incompetence, significantly recessed lower jaw. It was a significant impaction of about 7mm, and I think probably 3-4 posteriorly to correct the open bite. I think I may have experienced some relapse because my bite was closed immediately post surgery and now it is open. Either way, I am not sure how much more anterior impaction can be done safely(I had a different surgeon tell me my surgeon impacted me as much as he could safely), and I feel like I am probably not as straight forward as a normal class 2 VME.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 03:34:15 PM »
Well I already had an anterior impaction, and I still have an open bite, a lot of lip incompetence, significantly recessed lower jaw. It was a significant impaction of about 7mm, and I think probably 3-4 posteriorly to correct the open bite. I think I may have experienced some relapse because my bite was closed immediately post surgery and now it is open. Either way, I am not sure how much more anterior impaction can be done safely(I had a different surgeon tell me my surgeon impacted me as much as he could safely), and I feel like I am probably not as straight forward as a normal class 2 VME.

Correct. Not as straight forward as normal class 2 VME. Well, now the next person will have more information than I had given the way you presented your question initially.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Mw22

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 06:38:47 AM »
I’m also looking for one and have had surgery with NYCOMS.