Author Topic: ZSO (or fillers?) to prevent "setback" from jaw surgery - doing it during bimax?  (Read 992 times)

beautyislife

One of the biggest concerns I have with jaw surgery is how it will affect my recessed mid face/cheek area. It seems to me it will be even more setback.

In a case like that, would it be wise to do a ZSO? Will it help with cheek area projection to make sure that it no longer appears setback as much? Similar to what Gunson does with HA paste in terms of trying to mitigate the area looking too recessed? Or would fillers be a better option?

In the case of doing a ZSO, I recall some surgeons during my consult mentioning it could be done during the bimax....is that a good idea?

dvfan

One of the biggest concerns I have with jaw surgery is how it will affect my recessed mid face/cheek area. It seems to me it will be even more setback.

In a case like that, would it be wise to do a ZSO? Will it help with cheek area projection to make sure that it no longer appears setback as much? Similar to what Gunson does with HA paste in terms of trying to mitigate the area looking too recessed? Or would fillers be a better option?

In the case of doing a ZSO, I recall some surgeons during my consult mentioning it could be done during the bimax....is that a good idea?

Depends on projection of your orbital rims also, amount of recession, etcetera. Only pictures can tell. What doctor wanted to combine ZSO with bimax on you?

beautyislife

Depends on projection of your orbital rims also, amount of recession, etcetera. Only pictures can tell. What doctor wanted to combine ZSO with bimax on you?

How can I tell from pictures?